• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

I remember a few years back they did trial having ambulant RAP use the fast track entrance, but it was eventually scrapped because that queue kept getting really long.

But having half a queue at the exit and half a queue at Fast track doesn't make it any better. I'm not sure if there is a steep ramp as part of the fast track queue but in theory they could just have all RAP enter that way. In theory then if everyone is batched into airgates the only thing that would slow despatch is transfer from a wheelchair.

But having half a queue at the exit and half a queue at Fast track doesn't make it any better. I'm not sure if there is a steep ramp as part of the fast track queue but in theory they could just have all RAP enter that way. In theory then if everyone is batched into airgates the only thing that would slow despatch is transfer from a wheelchair.

There is quite an incline in the queue, so it’s not suitable for wheelchairs. I imagine the width of the air gates to also be a problem.

There is quite an incline in the queue, so it’s not suitable for wheelchairs. I imagine the width of the air gates to also be a problem.

Although if designed properly it is possible to have double width airgates (I think Rita does) for wheelchair access.

Basically if they completely redesigned the queues they could batch and load better and not have to load from the exit.
Then if they really want staff in a safe location due to the train passing through for the second lap then they need safe areas at the front and back so staff don't need to walk so far.

As I said, they tried having RAP going that way but the queue kept spilling out onto the plaza. Last thing they want is angry Fast Track guests. :p

Although if designed properly it is possible to have double width airgates (I think Rita does) for wheelchair access.
I think you’re correct there. Both Rita and Stealth have rows 9 & 10 set aside as one big combined airgate, which I’m assuming is to allow for wheelchair access; wheelchair users are normally placed on the back row, aren’t they?

So on RMT, you could have rows 22 & 23 designed to provide a similar “one double size airgate for two rows” to accommodate a wheelchair user on each cycle. (I believe only one wheelchair user is allowed per cycle for evacuation purposes)

As I said, they tried having RAP going that way but the queue kept spilling out onto the plaza. Last thing they want is angry Fast Track guests. :p

Then the system isn't working and (I know we've had a lot of discussion on this in the RAP thread) it needs fixing, either boarding more RAP per cycle (which should be fine for ambulant) or minimising the number of RAP or fast track guests trying to board.

If they can get the dispatch more efficient similar to EP as discussed above then the queues move quicker too.

Needs to operate like Glesctherblitz from Steinwasen. Op didn't even leave the cabin, gates opened, gates closed and it was sent, half the bars up on the train. Pull it down or its your problem

As much as I’d love for RMT to operate like Alpenexpress and other German powered coasters (17 second dispatches leading to throughputs of nearly 1,300pph? Yes please!), I’m not sure that the HSE would even allow it in this country.

I don’t think that even a loose interpretation of British H&S policy would let a train dispatch with lap bars still up, and heck, I’m not even sure that not checking restraints manually would be allowed in Britain, sadly…

The reason RMT used to have such good operations is because they used to have 2 platform staff checking bars (now they have 1), they used to be able to dispatch the train as soon as the platform staff stepped away (they now need all staff behind locked gates and back in position pressing dispatch enable buttons), and they also used to be able to dispatch the train with guests still on the platform provided they were at the bottom of the steps (they now must wait for all guests to be through the turnstile).

The lap bars also used to unlock as soon as you stopped but now there is around a 3 second delay before they unlock after stopping, which in turn delays the opening of the air gates further slowing things down.

Apparently in the 90's the staff didn't even check the bars, they just asked all guests to lift them up to show they are locked, Disney style.

A multitude of near misses over the last 15 years seems to have decimated the throughput through new operational procedures.

The annoying thing is how simple it would be to fix the first two points simultaneously by just going back to having the 2 platform staff checking bars from each end and meeting in the middle, rather than having the person on offload walking along the entire train doing nothing. Combine that with a faster exit gate and you could easily save upwards of 30s per dispatch.

My understanding was it was two fold. Stops anyone getting to the platform from the exit, and also controls the flow of people passing the photo counter and entering the shop. Otherwise it gets too crowded due to the number of people on one train.

But that would defeat the object of controlling guest flow into the shop.

Ride capacity should be the priority, not shop capacity. If the number of guests in the shop is an issue then add another turnstile to enter the shop.

If guests are no longer allowed to continue exiting as the train dispatches, the priority should be to clear the platform ASAP so the next train can dispatch.

Why can't they just use a gate that the staff member locks, like pretty much every other ride in the park?
I believe that Blade is the only other ride in the park that uses an exit turnstile. They have a gate next to them that a host unlocks to let RAP in.