• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

It has nothing to do with managing the guest flow to the shop, sometimes you can catch the offload host running to open the gate and running back to close it after to be more efficient. This doesn't always happen though.

The turnstile is there as they used to be able to run it with 1 host, on the onload side. Really it would be great if they could replace the turnstile with a push-to-open self-closing gate that can be locked/unlocked from the cabin.

Sounds expensive though :tearsofjoy:

It has nothing to do with managing the guest flow to the shop, sometimes you can catch the offload host running to open the gate and running back to close it after to be more efficient. This doesn't always happen though.

The turnstile is there as they used to be able to run it with 1 host, on the onload side. Really it would be great if they could replace the turnstile with a push-to-open self-closing gate that can be locked/unlocked from the cabin.

Sounds expensive though :tearsofjoy:
Or even an air gate or two which the the cabin op opens and closes with a button.

During covid they used the gate all the time and not the turnstyle and it worked far better.

It would be better for the staff to just unlock the gate and then lock it. You often find the staff member stood there waiting to press dispatch but there are still guests trying to leave.

But it’s far easier for the staff to just stand and wait rather than to go and unlock and lock a gate.

But it’s far easier for the staff to just stand and wait rather than to go and unlock and lock a gate.
If there are RAP guests waiting, they have no choice but to go and unlock the gate. Same with Blade (where the host has to walk all the way up the exit ramp).

Yeah that's the gate next to the turnstile.
No there is actually a separate exit gate for RAP holders which is inside the RAP queue.

The queue is supposed to only be in the old smoking area, there's a sign at the end that says wait here to be called forward. The section at the end next to the platform should be kept clear so RAP guests can exit that way and go through a gate that leads to the photo desk.

No there is actually a separate exit gate for RAP holders which is inside the RAP queue.

The queue is supposed to only be in the old smoking area, there's a sign at the end that says wait here to be called forward. The section at the end next to the platform should be kept clear so RAP guests can exit that way and go through a gate that leads to the photo desk.
Ahh I see. Am I right in thinking that gate is always locked though? I've always had to go through the shop.

All exit routes lead past the photo point.

For the avoidance of any possible lingering doubt

White - wheelchair entry/exit route
Red - main exit turnstile and adjacent (normally loocked) gate.

Ambulant RAP guests may be able to use the main exit but there are steps leading down to the turnstile

1661589179171.png

Thank you for the illustration, much better shows what I was trying to describe :tearsofjoy:

All exit routes lead past the photo point.

For the avoidance of any possible lingering doubt

White - wheelchair entry/exit route
Red - main exit turnstile and adjacent (normally loocked) gate.

Ambulant RAP guests may be able to use the main exit but there are steps leading down to the turnstile

1661589179171.png
The gate next to the turnstile is always locked unless a host is opening it to let RAP on or off, for obvious reasons.

The gate next to the turnstile is always locked unless a host is opening it to let RAP on or off, for obvious reasons.
Rap guests never exit through the gate next to the turnstile. They’ll always exit where they got on next to row one/two. There are steps going down from the platform to the exit gate.

Rap guests never exit through the gate next to the turnstile. They’ll always exit where they got on next to row one/two. There are steps going down from the platform to the exit gate.
Ah, I see, I think I recognise that bit now. Being ambulant though, I always enter through the gate next to the turnstile and exit through the turnstile itself. Unless I'm getting muddled up.

The gete next to the turnstyle is never used. It’s always locked. You’ll be using the rap gate which is next to row one. During covid though they did use the gate to exit the ride which was so much better.

Most people that replied to TS' recent Enterprise post on FB think that it's almost certainly gone now, and so do I. Could we see it being removed over closed season? I know Towers usually leave rides SBNO for a while before taking them out, but Enterprise has been SBNO since the start of this season.

They could just replace it with a new enterprise. I’d like to see something new but the space already exists for it and the park is crying out for flats. Seems like that would be a quick and easy solution whilst they come up with new ideas for flats in other areas.

They could just replace it with a new enterprise. I’d like to see something new but the space already exists for it and the park is crying out for flats. Seems like that would be a quick and easy solution whilst they come up with new ideas for flats in other areas.
That would certainly be a very cost-effective solution; that or one of the many variants.

I know that Enterprise is not everyone's cup of tea, but a new model would hopefully offer a slightly more punchy/vertical experience compared to the last while, and you've got to assume a new model would be more or less a 'plug and play' given the infrastructure is already set up for that type of ride

They know that they are in a flat ride crisis now and enterprise and blade were the only ones left. I’m sure that if they have removed enterprise they will definitely replace it with something else. They wouldn’t remove a ride when that was the last ‘major’ flat ride left and not replace it. I can see a flat ride package comming from some manufacturer. Personally I’m saying 3 ride package with 2 in x-sector and 1 in forbidden valley