• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride/park accidents in 2012

Tom

TS Member
I don't think this topic has been generated here yet (I did a search).

This came to light today:

A five-year-old girl was rushed to hospital after being injured on a rollercoaster ride.

The child was at Lightwater Valley theme park in North Stainley on Tuesday, June 5, when she was hurt on a rollercoaster known as the ladybird at around 2.30pm, the park’s Mark Bainbridge confirmed.

Source and further reading: http://www.ripongazette.co.uk/news/ripo ... -1-4641034

I have to admit, Ladybird wasn't the ride that leapt to mind upon reading the words "Lightwater Valley" and "hurt on a rollercoaster"...

Not good for the park at all, especially when it'll remind people of the fatal accident on Twister some years ago.

Especially as it doesn't sound like it's their fault, just a freak and unfortunate accident! :(

Sam said:
Not good for the park at all, especially when it'll remind people of the fatal accident on Twister some years ago.

Especially as it doesn't sound like it's their fault, just a freak and unfortunate accident! :(

Aye I don't think they will get into any sort of trouble for it. The HSE may issue an improvement notice and we could see side bars fitted or something daft, but that would be all, if anything, I'd expect.

Wow! I'm actually amazed that we haven't seen this in the national press as "Girls foot left hanging off at Theme Park!".

In all seriousness though, these kind of incidents usually make big news, as they are so few and far between. Hopefully this remains on the 'down-low' so that it doesn't have a major adverse impact on Lightwater Valley. By the sounds of things, they park weren't at fault in terms of their being bad maintenance or unsafe rides. However I suppose the investigation will look at how she was able to get her leg trapped in the first place.

Has anybody mention this accident in Tutuki Splash at Port Aventura on the 6th June?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiQwcRb56Gw&feature=plcp[/youtube]

No Comment....

^Apparently, that was to do with guests in one boat being loaded into the back of it, so when it came down the drop, it kinda reared up a bit and then came to a rest as it did. What mad me laugh a bit (probably the wrong reaction) was that the guests just evacuated themselves! :p

I suppose if they didnt evacuate themselves and the other boat hit into the back of them it could have been alot worse for both boats.

As posted by Big C on the PortAventura topic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiQwcRb56Gw

Wow. And apparently it opened later that same day?? Let's see...
Wrongly loading a boat
Not being quick enough to e-stop
No announcements for the guests who had evacuated themselves
No evacuation platform by the side of the channel
Presumably no proxy sensors

Improvements needed!! And while they're at it, they can scrape the chewing gum off the tunnel! Vile *anti-PA :p*

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

This one actually happened to me:
South Sea, on one of the rides they didnt put on the safety thing well so i ended up falling out, luckily only pulled a muscle in leg.

Ah this is always bad to see happen this sort of stuff sticks in my mind on the runaway mine train at towers

Surprised the one at chessington hasn't been listed here..

On the Tomb Raider ride, the bridge that you cross in the queue line a girl went through a gap and fell injuring herself rather badly.

While it's not the ride as such, it made it onto my AOL news page at work and somebody mentioned it to me again after reading about in the national newspaper!

Chessington has a tomb raider ride? :O

There is a chance for Merlin to create a portal ride then!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2