• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rides you DON'T like Why? How could it be improved?

M1ke

TS Member
I'm fed up of hearing that people don't like a ride without any justification. Tell me what it is you don't like about a ride and how it could be improved.

CATCF.

Improvements would be theming it so it is interesting and actually some quality.

Submission
It's more painful than Japanese bamboo torture and more boring than watching the band 'Interpol' live. It could be improved by being burnt to the ground and replaced with a real flat ride.

Charlie and the Cardboard Factory
It makes the best children's writer of all time and Alton Towers look very bad. It's pathetic, pure and simple. Almost anything would be better, but a family version of Valhalla would be amazing.

Charlie is by far the worst thing Towers have ever done. Firstly, the exterior theming is not much better than cardboard cut-outs glued to the building. It looks so fake. On the ride itself, the scenes are sparse and poorly decorated, with very little dynamic motion or anything to catch the eye, especially as the boats are moving so slowly. The fun lifts at the end slightly redeems it, and stops it from scoring absolute nul points, but it's still the worst thing they've ever done.

The ride has no heart, no emotion, no creativity, no soul, no spark. No love was involved in its design and construction. It's a ride designed by accountants.

Blaze said:
Submission
It's more painful than Japanese bamboo torture and more boring than watching the band 'Interpol' live. It could be improved by being burnt to the ground and replaced with a real flat ride.

I agree - did no one test the ride before it was opened? How they could have failed to realise that the horrific pressure on your legs outweighs any "thrilling" sensation is beyond me.

Alice in Wonderland at PBB is about as boring as listening to a trainspotter tell you how much of a rod on he got when he saw a rusty train drive by and could be improved by being sat on by a medium sized tyrannosaurus Rex.

M1ke said:
Alice in Wonderland at PBB is about as boring as listening to a trainspotter tell you how much of a rod on he got when he saw a rusty train drive by and could be improved by being sat on by a medium sized tyrannosaurus Rex.

tumblr_m5etopQXdb1qgeaw1o2_250.gif

Well, Alice in Wonderland is terribly dated now, I'll give you that, and I expect it to be standing just out of sentiment by the park. I would much prefer it be removed or was removed instead of Gold Mine (one dark ride that didn't deserve such a fate) for the Wallace and Gromit upgrade. Ah well.

Plenty of rides I've got negative opinions on:

Ripsaw:

I just hate topspins, went on one once and aren't ever making that mistake again.

Steeplechase:

So boring that even calling this thing dull would be over hyping it.

Nemesis Inferno:

If Steeplechase was a B&M, it'd be this one.

CATCF:

Awful, just awful. The outside is just a bit of cardboard, and the inside makes Air look as well themed as Wodan.

Air:

Not a bad ride, and I guess I like it actually tbh, but the theming is poor and totally unsuited to an otherwise wonderfully presented area in Forbidden Valley.

There are plenty more rides, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Rowe said:
M1ke said:

tumblr_m5etopQXdb1qgeaw1o2_250.gif

Well, Alice in Wonderland is terribly dated now, I'll give you that, and I expect it to be standing just out of sentiment by the park. I would much prefer it be removed or was removed instead of Gold Mine (one dark ride that didn't deserve such a fate) for the Wallace and Gromit upgrade. Ah well.

I seem to recall finding Alice in Wonderland rather quaint... but then I think I had been drinking before hand.

I know I'm supposed to be all for the history n' that, but if I was going to sort out any of the darkrides at BPB it would have to be the River Caves... just tragically awful.

Tbh Rowe after spending this weekend stood outside the closed signs for all the rides which I wanted to go on (especially Valhalla >:-() I feel that I cant say anything good about PBB at the moment the whole park is outdated and the refurbishment of Valhalla was what I wanted to see. To see whether they could bring this park into the 21st century. Currently the park is lacking visitors because it now has an entry fee so now that they're not earning money from visitors every ride is having to be sponsored.

Also Blackpool council aren't exactly helping either by introducing stupidly high car parking rates outside the PB so all the visitors now have to go park by the north pier. Another problem is that they've introduced stupid small print on the ticket machines saying no motor homes or caravans of which we didn't read because we'd been coming for years in the campervan yet now we find ourselves with a £70 parking fine after paying the £8 parking ticket. Oh well I hope that blackpool council enjoy our many letters of abuse aimed at them including the good old song 'we pay for your house' just to cheer them up.

I hate the flume.. but I hate all water flumes,so I really can't say why.. they all just feel unsafe to me

Hmmm, I'd have to say I don't hate many rides. I've never done Ripsaw and have no intention of doing so, because I think it'd make me ill. CATCF, well, I'm outside the target age range for it, so can't really complain.

I like Submission though... <runs away from all the Submission haters with burning pitchforks> :)

Rita, unthemed, attempts to decapitate me, awfully placed, rubbish throughput, worst cattlepen ever created outside of Spain...

Just the worst major ride at Towers...

BowMan said:
Adz95 said:
Plenty of rides I've got negative opinions on:

Ripsaw:

I just hate topspins, went on one once and aren't ever making that mistake again.

Don't...insult...my...baby! :mad:

I just hate Topspins, not just Ripsaw but all of them. It'd take a lot to ever get me on one of those bloody awful things ever again. ;)

The Corkscrew. Sorry to say, but that little piece of track at the entrance just isn't as exciting as older models.

Hate Enterprise.... The smell of the hydraulic fluid combined with the tumble dryer action makes me feel light headed :-(

Oddly submission doesn't have the same effect!

Agreed, I've only been on Enterprise once and I say "NEVER AGAIN", 3 seconds on the thing is enough to make me barf! :'(

My Solution: Remove the blasted thing and replace with:
samurai.jpg

Rita for me.

It's far too dominating and overrules any ride/attraction behind it. Even with Th13teen it is still tucked behind the area with Rita taking stage. It could have been improved in 2010 by knocking down the buildings opposite Rita and giving the area a new infrastructure/landscape, forcing the flow of guests towards the other end of the area first and making sure more of a focus was on Th13teen.

Sadly they did not do that. It ruins the area. I don't even find it that much of an exciting ride so welcome the day it gets removed or relocated from that area.