• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rio 2016

Samir Ait Said, the French gymnast who broke his leg, then dropped by medical crew. whoops

I watched the replay of that leg break, and it took me a while to scrape my jaw off the floor. It looked absolutely horrific.

I made the decision to stay up the other night until the early hours of the morning to watch the swimming - specifically, Adam Peaty and Jazz Carlin. Absolutely fantastic performances from both of them, especially Peaty, who broke the world record for the men's 100m breaststroke not once, but twice during the Olympic competition, taking a whopping 0.79 seconds off the previous world record that he set himself in April 2015. Extremely impressive work! And then there was Tom Daley and Daniel Goodfellow winning bronze in the men's 10m platform synchronised diving last night. Gotta say the worst thing for them was to be last on for each round of dives, especially following the Chinese pairing of Aisen Chen and Yue Lin, and their reactions when they discovered they'd done enough to win the bronze medal were amazing to watch. They fully deserved it. I think we've done relatively well so far, and here's to the rest of the Games! :)

Yesterday evening was too tense I was a bit worn out, bloody athletes, making everything so tense. Selfish.

I am amazed Cavendish didn't get penalised in the Omnium points race yesterday. Saw the first half of it, great entertainment. Track cycling has got to be my favourite sport in the games.

It is such a shame to see so many venues not even half full. What a waste.

What happens when you set the price of tickets about 4 times the minimum wage of the country. And hosting has pretty much bankrupted the country. Really not the right place to hold them, unfortunately.

Anyway, boss to see Bolt still beasting the 100m, fingers crossed for the triple triple.

Giving Brazil the Olympics was a mistake. I thought the World Cup in Brazil was going to be a disaster, but it actually turned out OK. Giving them the Olmypics just two years later was a massive error of judgment. For starters, no pool of water meant for water sports should EVER turn green. And it's broken today that they're trying to plug a funding gap for the Paralympics, and they're only a few weeks away!

Still, it's great to see how well we're doing in the medals table. We're beating China! I mean, that's an achievement in itself! Apart from for the USA, mind. :p Not even surprised Bolt won the 100m again. I wonder what the odds are on him getting the triple triple...

Well brilliant day for GB, especially in the cycling. What we lack in football we gain in olympics.

So, just to be a little bit provocative...
can we say that the Brits have the best chemists then???
And I don't mean Boots.
Only time will tell I suppose, but like the rest of Europe, I have my suspicions.