• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Santa Clara (RCT3)

Rupert

TS Member
A park I started a while ago. I don't have much really new to show from when you may last have seen it, but I realised I hadn't released the super-special CS set kindly created for this park by StationJimJr (you've probably used his billion other ace sets), so you'll find that at the bottom of this rather long post. If you have any feedback please let me know!

So, a very in-progress Santa Clara. Here's what's been done so far:

Shot0419.jpg

Shot0401.jpg

Shot0421.jpg

Shot0423.jpg

Shot0422.jpg

Shot0430.jpg

Shot0424.jpg

Shot0437.jpg

Shot0441.jpg

Shot0466.jpg

Shot0467.jpg

Shot0469.jpg

Shot0470.jpg

Shot0472.jpg

Shot0514.jpg

Shot0515.jpg

Shot0517.jpg

Shot0519.jpg

Shot0527.jpg

Shot0497.jpg

Shot0502.jpg

Shot0501.jpg

Shot0534.jpg

So, hope you like it. The wooden catwalks kindly made by StationJimJr are available exclusively here. Enjoy! ;D

Shot0481.jpg

Re: Santa Clara

Harvey said:
:eek: Just. Beautiful.
Fredward said:
Such a stunning park... One of the greatest!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Thank you guys! Much appreciated.

Nothing too much has changed, but as I got on RCT again I thought I'd show some new pictures. Hope you enjoy.

The park inspector has a gander at the rapids:

Shot0540.jpg

Swans take residence in the new lake:

Shot0542.jpg

Shot0543.jpg

Shot0544.jpg

Here are a couple more

Shot0549.jpg

Shot0548.jpg

;D

Very, very nice work mate. Is that PEP track I see? I've still yet to really get to grips with that.

Got to say, Captain, seen the update over at ShyGuy's and this could possibly be my favourite park ever. The atmosphere and colouring all looks so real. Tornado is absolutely beautiful and the rapids are sublime. Mystery Mine doesn't feature much in the update but it's stunning. Everything is detailed and fluid, and the grid is invisible. It leaves parks such as Wonder World and ePark in a league behind and your foliage is completely unrivalled in the community. I hope there's more soon. :)

DiogoJ42 said:
Very, very nice work mate. Is that PEP track I see? I've still yet to really get to grips with that.
Thanks Diogo! Yeah the PEP track is amazing, really worth playing with. Your computer should be able to handle the extra strain no problem.

RyanY said:
Wait a second! Where did that Intamin Blitz come from? :p
Uhh there was a Blitz but unfortunately it was stolen by rogue scrap metal thieves. Security was pretty lax. But there's a new B&M instead! :D

NastyPasty said:
Got to say, Captain, seen the update over at ShyGuy's and this could possibly be my favourite park ever. The atmosphere and colouring all looks so real. Tornado is absolutely beautiful and the rapids are sublime. Mystery Mine doesn't feature much in the update but it's stunning. Everything is detailed and fluid, and the grid is invisible. It leaves parks such as Wonder World and ePark in a league behind and your foliage is completely unrivalled in the community. I hope there's more soon. :)
Wow thank you NP for that incredible compliment! I'd say I was a league behind Wonder World and particularly ePark, but I really appreciate it. I hope you like this update. ;D

So yeah, as I said above the Intamin was unfortunately stolen for scrap metal by mischievous thieves, but hopefully they'll be caught soon. If people are interested in the full layout of the Intamin before it was robbed, let me know and I'll put pictures up. :)

It was replaced with a B&M flyer that begins with a kind of The Swarm-style inline twist into half loop, only inverted. It's a fair bit taller than Tornado so can be seen from most of the park. I updated some foliage around the rest of the park too.

As always, I hope you enjoy. :)

An old shot with a new addition:

Shot0618.jpg

Some pictures from near Mystery Mine:

Shot0637.jpg

Shot0624.jpg

Shot0623.jpg

Shot0631.jpg

At the base of the Pretzel Loop:

Shot0610.jpg

Shot0635.jpg

And the beginnings of the new area:

Shot0636.jpg

Shot0630.jpg

Coming next time: Santa Clara opens to the public! ;D

Until I read your first post, I didn't realise this was RCT3. I presumed it was some adapted version of NoLimits, or 3D modelling software.

That's how amazing this is.

Omfg dat iz rubish get of da forumz. ;)

Seriously, where do I stop complimenting? How do you achieve such beautiful foliage and ambiance? How do your paths flow so naturally and beautifully? How is your vista so balanced and well designed?

I honestly don't know. This just pushes the limits of what is possible in RCT3, everything is so, so realistic. The winding paths are so organic in shape and I just feel like I'm right there. The whole park just feels so real. It doesn't look like RCT. Most people avoid their park by building on angles but yours doesn't have those sharp angles; it has loose curvature and not-quite-perfectly-flat terrain. It just oozes sophistication.

I'll stop gushing now. :p

I love how photographic your pictures look. They are always a joy to see.

I think I need to start using custom trees in my future projects.

DiogoJ42 said:

Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but yes, do. :)

And ladies and gentlemen, this confirms 'future projects' from Diogo. ;)

Sam said:
Until I read your first post, I didn't realise this was RCT3. I presumed it was some adapted version of NoLimits, or 3D modelling software.

That's how amazing this is.
Wow, thank you Sam! Really appreciate it. ;D

NastyPasty said:
Omfg dat iz rubish get of da forumz. ;)

Seriously, where do I stop complimenting? How do you achieve such beautiful foliage and ambiance? How do your paths flow so naturally and beautifully? How is your vista so balanced and well designed?

I honestly don't know. This just pushes the limits of what is possible in RCT3, everything is so, so realistic. The winding paths are so organic in shape and I just feel like I'm right there. The whole park just feels so real. It doesn't look like RCT. Most people avoid their park by building on angles but yours doesn't have those sharp angles; it has loose curvature and not-quite-perfectly-flat terrain. It just oozes sophistication.

I'll stop gushing now. :p

Haha thank you Nastypasty! :p I just take ages to do things, it's not that I'm particularly good. But I'm really glad it comes across as realistic and not too on-the-grid. I'm also lucky that I have a computer that won't get upset when I throw catastrophic amounts of foliage at it. Thanks again!

Fredward said:
Looking as fantastic as always! :D Can't wait to see more
Thank you Fredward!

DiogoJ42 said:

Thanks Diogo! ;D Glad you like it. Yeah, custom trees really make a huge difference to a park, mainly because the in-game ones are so cartoony and bright.

The Park Inspector was lonely.

He longed for company, but there was no one to talk to. He spent his days alone, trying to keep occupied, distracted from his own sadness

Shot0560.png

He rode the monorail alone, as always, and sat facing backwards. He didn't want to see where he was going.

Shot0660.png

As he stepped off the monorail he paused. He had done some re-roofing, and as he gazed upon his work he wished he could show someone his achievement.

Shot0659.png

He went for a ride on the rapids, but it was an experience best shared. Being wet alone wasn't so much fun.

Shot0566.png

He had decided to do a painting of the new temple...

Shot0672.png

...but he felt like its smiling face was mocking him so he turned away.

Shot0652.png

The new raft ride only served to make him feel more isolated, more adrift, and more lonely.

Shot0670.png

...whilst the towering structure of the new flying coaster intimidated him.

Shot0671-1.png

Riding the flume didn't cheer him up, but he could convince himself that the water on his face was from the splash, rather than that of his own sad tears.

Shot0656.png

His favourite activity was to ride the shot tower. Blasting into the sky allowed him to clear his mind and daydream of a happier future.

Shot0663.png

He always dreamt of the same thing - the park was open to the public, and he could share in the delight the guests experienced.

He would ask them how their day was, and laugh with joy at their happiness.

Shot0577edit.jpg

He would ride Tornado with them, and join in the screams as their feet almost hit the scenery.

Shot0578edit.jpg

And he would stay up late, enjoying the lights and laughter coming from the Twister.

Shot0581edit.jpg

But those were just dreams.

As he fell back to Earth, the Park Inspector remembered he was alone.

There was no-one to share the terror of a ride on Tornado.

Shot0664.png

No-one to take his picture as the train swooped over a corkscrew.

Shot0665.png

As the day wore on, he climbed aboard the truck ride, wishing he could simply drive away from this place.

Shot0657.png

And once again, night fell over Santa Clara.

Shot0675.png

And the Park Inspector was left alone.

:(

These pictures are impressive, this is probably the most detailed RCT3 project I have seen for a long time or will see for a long time.

Great work. :)

Well that was a depressing story. Poor lonely man. But I suppose he’ll just have to keep dreaming...

What an amazing park! Words fail me, the poor park inspector (well I actually dont like him that much) your park is bril! can I just ask for one thing ? Y'know your flume does it have the PEP lift extention because if it has I despretly require it for my park I have tried many times but all of my Bahn_Datens seem to not work so if you would be willing to share it (as i have the CTR and CT)
would you mind uploading the Bahn_Daten??? :) Pwetty Please

RyanY said:
These pictures are impressive, this is probably the most detailed RCT3 project I have seen for a long time or will see for a long time.

Great work. :)
;D Thanks Ryan!

Tim said:
Well that was a depressing story. Poor lonely man. But I suppose he’ll just have to keep dreaming...
Ha yeah, sorry about that. The alternative is that the park actually opens...

Joseph said:
What an amazing park! Words fail me, the poor park inspector (well I actually dont like him that much) your park is bril! can I just ask for one thing ? Y'know your flume does it have the PEP lift extention because if it has I despretly require it for my park I have tried many times but all of my Bahn_Datens seem to not work so if you would be willing to share it (as i have the CTR and CT)
would you mind uploading the Bahn_Daten??? :) Pwetty Please
Thanks Joseph!! And yeah as I said in the shoutbox the other week the Bahndaten doesn't actually work yet, it needs the CTR Creator version 1.00 to mix custom elements unfortunately. Hopefully when it comes out the ride will work, but for now it's just an illusion.

We're going to take a break from the troubles of the Park Inspector this update and show you the Intamin that was stolen (the police still haven't caught the thieves ??? ) and also some recent progress. There is also a challenge for you all to get your work in the park! :D

So, if anyone is interested, here is the old Intamin before it was replaced with the B&M flyer. It was an Intamin Blitz with two launches. It had issues because going vertical on the diagonal when using mixed Giga and Stormrunner track which resulted in various parts of it being offset/not lined up so the second half had to have a second diagonal vertical drop which didn't really work. The rest of the layout and surroundings were pretty poor anyway.

Shot0555.jpg

Shot0553.jpg

Shot0552.jpg

Shot0551.jpg

Shot0550.jpg

After removal:

Shot0556.jpg

Which initially became this:

Shot0683.jpg

???

Then evolved through various poor layouts like this:

Shot0684.jpg

Shot0685.jpg

Shot0686.jpg

Before becoming this:

Shot0755.jpg

So as you can see, the flat rides that are (probably) here to stay are a Huss suspended floorless topspin (with fountains on both sides :D ) and a miscellaneous swinging ship. I haven't done too much with the ship yet due to issues with waterfalls you may have seen in the Help forum.

The topspin:

Shot0739.jpg

Shot0747.jpg

^ The queue will probably go in the space to the right of it.

Shot0754.jpg

You can kind of see a temple thing on the right, heavily inspired by a structure in meeko120103's Land of Legends park (check it out here) but I don't think it really works or fits in in this setting, so I'm likely to remove it.

On the island near the flyer's station, you can see that work is still in the early stages:

Shot0744.jpg

Shot0745.jpg

Shot0746.jpg

Something similar may have been shown before but I'm pretty pleased with the supports on this helix (and how the track threads through the lift hill supports twice):

Shot0741.jpg

And in these shots you can see some of the terrain variations in the area:

Shot0742.jpg

Shot0749.jpg

Some profile shots:

Shot0750.jpg

Shot0740.jpg

A current overview:

Shot0753.jpg

Right, time for a little community involvement! :D

I have some land (2x4 squares) that I would like some kind of eatery/food stall/cafe on. It's on Tornado island so it needs to fit that theme - look back through the thread to see some of the other structures. I've tried various attempts but none of them have looked good. So, if any of you would like to, feel free to design something and submit a picture or two here!

The building doesn't have to take up all eight squares, but I am also happy for it to spill over a bit if necessary. I don't mind if you want more than one floor. You will see that two of the squares have a balcony over the rapids/under the flyer's dive loop - I don't mind if access to the balcony is for guests or staff only, but there should be some way to get to the balcony.

Here is the space (you can see I've still no idea what to do with Tornado's station either):

Shot0735.jpg

Shot0736.jpg

Shot0738.jpg

And here is a view looking towards the space and the flyer's dive loop:

Shot0734.jpg

Feel free to give it a personal name, for example 'Diogo's Danger Donuts', 'Nightfall's Flooded Feast' or 'NastyPasty's Nasty Pasty's'. ??? Maybe that last one doesn't work. :p There will be no deadline for this if anybody wants to give it a go - I don't like the idea of rushing anything and my updates are generally months apart anyway (although I've had a fair bit more time recently). This is also open on SGW. Enjoy!

Some night shots:

Shot0730.jpg

Shot0729.jpg

Shot0732.jpg

And maybe the subject of the next update:

Shot0733.jpg

(from the Balloon Project if you're unfamiliar).

Thanks for the support guys! ;D

Piece of advice to everyone else out there; this is what you call an update!

The Intamin looked ok but I’m kind of glad it’s gone. As I’ve said before the in-game Intamin track can be dodgy at best and really needs a proper custom track made for it.

The flyer now that is impressive. You’ve really got a knack of making layouts that look good. Not much more I can say really, it’s just pleasing in every way.

As a general note I like the way this park hasn’t started out with any form of back story. I’m actually finding it more interesting to watch this park develop without the limit of a story to give sense to each development. Stuff just happens and that’s good :D

Also nice to see you are part of Project Balloon. I wanted to join in but neither of my parks have appeared over at Shyguy’s

Though choice picking this or Blithering Lodge as the best custom park on this site :p

In all seriousness, excellent looking park so far, Rupert! The rides and themeing look amazing ;D