• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2014

ImUrNemeis

TS Member
A bit early, I know! But the 2013 started about this time last year so I think it will be ok. What would you like to see happen next year at Scarefest and any possible perdictions as to what we can see happening.

I perdict that some Cbeebies based events will replace Franklyn and Friends as the children's based attractions. Hopefully see will see 4 park scaremazes and 2 scarezones.

A bit of a ramdom idea but, something that is Nemesis related going on in the park would be on my top list as it is the ride's/IP's 20th Birthday next year. A maze, possibly? Or combining Sub-terra and Nemesis itself with a maze in the middle? So, basicly a drop/dark ride, plus an outdoor scaremaze, plus a roller coaster . All in one attraction! I don't know if it is possible, but I would be a very happy guy to see this happen.

Other things I would like to see are a return of Duel live and Hex live, and more resort entertainment.

Considering this year's event has not even started yet, you're unlikely to get much in the way of response and the thread is likely to drop down the board.

You might like to revisit this once the event has finished, or perhaps near to its end, and people have an experience from this year to comment and build upon.

Bad time to start this topic it's the right topic to start after the event though

Next year there will be a change within Scarefest, the Entertainments Team are really excited about next years event, it seems like it'll be more than just a maze retheme! This was told during Scarefest auditions 2013!

Hopefully in 2014 visitors will be able to have a stroll around the area of the Towers that the Sanctuary has taken over for the past couple of years. I know I'm in a minority and people really enjoy the Sanctuary but it's getting on my nerves now to be honest. Just thought I'd say it.

Id like to see a very refreshed ToTT as its just very generic after so many years. Also Id be happy to lose Circus to have something new.

There needs to be a new maze for 2014, to keep interest up. The fact that there has been nothing new for 2013 has certainly played a part in me not visiting.

This years offerings were poor in my opinion.

ToTT needs a complete new overhaul. If the maze is longer, less tickets sold but of a much higher quality, with a story, and the prices a little higher then I would happily pay it. Years gone by when you had the cannibals, the banquet at the end etc were much better, especially as you went into each scene where you learnt more about the story. The urban explorers needs to be dropped.

Sanctuary was ok, but needs to be batched in smaller groups. Maybe more going on in the ward scene

Carnival of Screams was the worst this year. Would much rather see the return of the Boiler House.

Zombie scare zone was good, a bit more smoke perhaps and more going on in the medical tent?

Thing is, maybe I was spoilt, but previous years when you had the field of 1000 screams, the boiler house etc outside the park and in the field, it added more atmosphere to the mazes. Again, the field had a good story to it, and i'll never forget the "bus" ending one year.

I appreciate however that both of these cannot be done outside the park next to the hotel anymore, but this year I felt more emphasis was put on selling more tickets to get as many people through the mazes as quickly as possible than on the quality of the mazes.

GaryH said:
This years offerings were poor in my opinion.

ToTT needs a complete new overhaul. If the maze is longer, less tickets sold but of a much higher quality, with a story, and the prices a little higher then I would happily pay it. Years gone by when you had the cannibals, the banquet at the end etc were much better, especially as you went into each scene where you learnt more about the story. The urban explorers needs to be dropped.

Sanctuary was ok, but needs to be batched in smaller groups. Maybe more going on in the ward scene

Carnival of Screams was the worst this year. Would much rather see the return of the Boiler House.

Zombie scare zone was good, a bit more smoke perhaps and more going on in the medical tent?

Thing is, maybe I was spoilt, but previous years when you had the field of 1000 screams, the boiler house etc outside the park and in the field, it added more atmosphere to the mazes. Again, the field had a good story to it, and i'll never forget the "bus" ending one year.

I appreciate however that both of these cannot be done outside the park next to the hotel anymore, but this year I felt more emphasis was put on selling more tickets to get as many people through the mazes as quickly as possible than on the quality of the mazes.

Completely disagree with you on this

TotT is TotT and needs a change i agree, but the maze is longer than most scaremazes and any longer and it would risk become a bit dull.

Sanctuary needs a big change after this year as it can't depend on linking with the smiler all the time. We where batched in groups of 10 which was fine, if you visited Saturday i can imagine the powercut maybe effected this (shouldn't have though).

Carnival this year was as good as it's been since the first year. Far better than 2011 and 2012. Ironically the finale is exactly the sort of finale you used to get in Blood-fest banquet TotT which people loved so i think this will be a real test as to whether that sort of finale is genuinely good or people look at blood fest TotT with rose-tinted glasses.

They need however to sort add more mazes and as much as i enjoyed TotT it is in need of a change.

After the fantastic Q&A session on Saturday, I had the idea for "Forbidden Valley: Lockdown" (thanks to Sam G for the name :) )

After dark, 7pm-ish, forbidden valley becomes a dedicated adult scarezone with Phallanx operatives and Nemesis victims roaming and vying for control of the area.

Of course, after the Q&A we know that it's very unlikely to happen because of budgets, but it's nice to dream.

Dar said:
After the fantastic Q&A session on Saturday, I had the idea for "Forbidden Valley: Lockdown" (thanks to Sam G for the name :) )

After dark, 7pm-ish, forbidden valley becomes a dedicated adult scarezone with Phallanx operatives and Nemesis victims roaming and vying for control of the area.

Of course, after the Q&A we know that it's very unlikely to happen because of budgets, but it's nice to dream.

It's a bit unfair having it as 'adult only' as there are people like me who would like to enjoy something like this (as well as Nemesis and Air...) but would be unable to. Maybe you could just have warnings saying that it's extreme and is not recommended for anyone under a certain age?

Andrew said:
Dar said:

It's a bit unfair having it as 'adult only' as there are people like me who would like to enjoy something like this (as well as Nemesis and Air...) but would be unable to. Maybe you could just have warnings saying that it's extreme and is not recommended for anyone under a certain age?

Yeah, that's what I meant! :p Obviously it would be open to everybody but, like the mazes, there would be warnings that it was extreme and possibly unsuitable for young people and easily scared people.

beqage7y.jpg

Simple a gypsy walk through would actually scary everybody

BarryZola said:
Hopefully in 2014 visitors will be able to have a stroll around the area of the Towers that the Sanctuary has taken over for the past couple of years. I know I'm in a minority and people really enjoy the Sanctuary but it's getting on my nerves now to be honest. Just thought I'd say it.

The Sanctuary is only in it's second year! It's gonna be round for at least another 2 years. Changes will be made the story but it's gonna be around the same sort of thing.I loved it last year and I don't see how it can get on your nerves at this stage haha.

Carnival sounds like it's going to be really good this year. I really like carnival (bar 2011 as the was awful) last year was brilliant and this year is sounding good aswell so if that came back again I wouldn't mind it but aslong as they keep the story changing. TOTT.... Why oh why must they not change this! They have to next year!!! It's just getting dull now! And a new maze. hoping this will happen.

It's obvious we'd all like new attractions. It is also clear that the team in charge of Sarefest also want this. Pete was saying how they had to cut a new addition this year in late August that had been fully planned, designed and scripted. It's just all budget dependent. Hopefully a successful event this year will bring a bigger budget next year.

:)

Scare maze scare maze scare maze some of us hope some thing else will be put on . Not everyone wants maze after maze. And everyone one on here seems to know every scare and jump that's coming. Some new but something different. I'll stand against the wall ready for shooting now .

To be fair, the park NEEDS something that branches the gap... Atm all you have are 3 scare-mazes and a scare-zone for adults, and a bunch of stuff for kids...

If you have no interest or desire to go on a maze (or pay the money for two of them) then there's nothing to do but go on the rides which you can do any time of year...

They need to bridge it with a all round entertainment that suits everyone not just kids and not just late teens 20's . If I want to be scared by a school leaver I can go up the local town to be jumped out on.

what do you suggest then? Scare zones, scare mazes and roaming actors are all they can really do scary wise. Kids zone is covered. What else could they add?