Scarefest 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThemeParkJack, 2nd Nov 2014.

1. Imagination

Imagination TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Terror Of The Towers.
    It will return this year, but with slight tweaks and a reworked ending. :)

2. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Sub Species more than deserves the award for best scare attraction. It's by far the best I have ever experienced in the UK, Europe and USA. If there was a better one in the UK in 2015 then I've not heard about it despite the fact it must have been uttertly outstanding.

:)

Olii, rockstar223 and nickhutson like this.
  3. Mikey:SubTerra

Mikey:SubTerra TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    The alien ending slightly let it down for me last year. Wasn't very impressed with the alien crab creature at the end. A staff member at the time told me it was an animatronic, but I still doubt it was!

4. Leah

Leah TowersStreet Member

I hope it returns this year without the alternate endings. One will inevitably be better (I had human ending, which seems to be the higher rated of the two), leaving some guests with a worse experience. I love the getting separated. Actors dragging guests through different doors and forcing people different ways.

This might be a little controversial, but id prefer a slightly simpler storyline. I'm still not quite sure what it was about (granted, I was ******* myself in there, but I found it hard to follow). Not a major issue though, really liked how the briefing room was presented, much better than either TotT or molly Crowe.

5. Spike

Spike TS Contributor

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    I really enjoyed Sub-Species as it reminded me of the first year of The Boiler House which has always been my favorite maze. The first year was executed brilliantly where you had to crawl through ventilation shafts surround by jump scares, alarms and a genuine atmosphere. Sub-Species had a very similar feel and with actors being allowed to be more 'hands on' it added to the atmosphere.

6. Imagination

Imagination TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Terror Of The Towers.
    You're right! :) The alien was not an animatronic, it was a puppet. It moved forward on a wire line and was meant to at quite some speed but due to H&S kicking up a fuss, the desired effect never fully worked with the standard GP runs and had to stop a considerable amount away from the original "impact point".