Scarefest 2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boozacoaster, 1st Nov 2020.

1. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Remember that it will be more with the mazes added on though.

2. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

(Getting off topic a little)
    This is why I still find it strange there are so many Kellogg’s vouchers and similar giving admission for £27.
    I think there are more blocked dates for the vouchers this year but still when BPB are charging full price most of the time I think the vouchers devalue AT a lot.

3. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

But you don’t have to do the mazes. £39 for 11 hours of rides with added entertainment plus gardens at night seems pretty good value.

jon81uk and Skyscraper like this.
  4. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    Yup ... More product, more money, like anything else !

Agreed, but I think there has been a decision taken to phase them out to encourage channel shift to direct pre-books. Also they may (or may not) be obliged to continue offering them for a contracted period.

jon81uk likes this.
  5. OButler

OButler TowersStreet Member

I can’t see there personally being another thrill maze announced. Besides where would it go? Doesn’t seem to be much movement anywhere else.

Whereas I get the park have to keep Covid in mind, I don’t see why it could have prevented them from adding a new maze. They could have even rebranded Mine Tours with some new scenes and routes or something.

Just seems a slight waste to not capitalise on the first Covid restriction free Halloween and have a big refresh. Let’s hope there is changes to the current mazes at least as this lineup does feel quite bland, as it has been for a few years now in my opinion

Skyscraper and Batzy like this.
  6. Heidi

Heidi TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man
    By a strange coincidence I found out the maze lineup today from a family talking about it whilst I was at work, reading it from their phone, and finding out about it that way made it even more disappointing. As it's been said, I understand this lineup given the covid situation, but I really had hoped minetours would be shelved and new thrill maze added.

Skyscraper likes this.
  7. Batzy

Batzy TowersStreet Member

Felt exactly the same. The main reason I'm so disappointed is because a new thrill attraction would've been possible. If we understandably couldn't get a new maze, new scare zone would have been enough. What I'm saying is that there are alternatives for a new thrill addition.

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

Skyscraper and Heidi like this.
  8. Heidi

Heidi TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man
    Totally agree. However I am still hopeful we may hear about something new in the following weeks

Skyscraper and Batzy like this.
  9. Batzy

Same. I'm shocked they haven't brought scare zones back since the pandemic. They're new and covid-safe. It's an obvious solution.

Skyscraper and Heidi like this.
  10. TheAverageNerd

TheAverageNerd TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    From what i’ve heard from a couple of people who were at auditions the other week, the park hadn’t actually finalised their Scarefest plans at the time of the auditions. I wonder if this is standard every year, or is this year an exception?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyscraper likes this.
  11. Britford

Britford TowersStreet Member

I was hoping Toxic Junkyard would get replaced but oh well, I'm willing to give it one more chance...that said, I wish they would just bite the bullet and change it to a Carneval of Screams theme, I think that Freak Show is just a bad concept, its just CoS, except its limited to only the least interesting and versatile character type and a severely reduced pool of potential scene themes...

Rant aside, if this...
    Is truly from this year, (and is not just a show of incompetence) it could be code...I doubt it but...code oooOOOooo.

...Assuming its a secret code! The mention of House of Monsters seems to suggest that Trick or Treat Town (can we call it TTT?) Is going to to be simular in style and scariness to HoM meaning that Darkest Depths Might get a bit scarier to compensate!

The Mention of Sub Species, to me, suggests that they are planning to rework a maze into the SS style and out of all the mazes, I think the most likely candidate is TJ since it had zero focus or identity last year.

Mine Tours...Altonville Motel confirmed?...I don't know...

This might not be a code, it might just be incompetence on Merlin's part, but............come on.................

Skyscraper likes this.
  12. Skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    It is still entirely possible that a brand new, seperately ticketed thrill maze could be announced, but I wouldn't count on it. The Attic was standalone when it debuted in 2019, although both it and Darkest Depths were announced at the same time as the returning mazes.

Batzy likes this.
  13. Britford

Britford TowersStreet Member

Just decided to research Trick or Treat Town (TTT) and when you go to book a ticket, it says "One Bag, £10" which suggests that its a Trick or Treat Trail rather than a Maze...so then, why is it for ages 8+?

Skyscraper likes this.
  14. Batzy

Am I the only one who thinks £10 is a bit of a hefty price? Like, that's £20 is you have two kids. That doesn't even include a potential spectator ticket for parents.

Britford likes this.
  15. jon81uk

As long as the parents still get the sweets then paying the same price makes sense.
    But yes maybe there could be an option of £15 for one parent and one child but only one bag for collecting candy in.

Britford likes this.
  16. Skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Yeah it's an "interactive walkthrough", according to Towers.
    Sounds like you knock on doors and actors will open them and interact with you.

17. Danscott22

Danscott22 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    Is Darkest Depths a 15+ now? I'm not sure where to check but I find it strange it's bunched with AMT, The Attic and FS:TJ when I'm sure it wasn't last year.

Skyscraper likes this.
  18. Skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Looks like it. :confused:
    And you are correct, it was 10+ last year I think and on it's own.

[​IMG]

19. jon81uk

as I posted yesterday the website states a new adventure for Darkest Depths. Also it’s listed in the thrills category. I think they have changed it to a full scare maze for 2021.

Skyscraper likes this.
  20. Danscott22

Danscott22 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    Definitely expecting something to have altered in Darkest Depths then as it's no longer a family maze!

Heidi and Skyscraper like this.