• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sealife Sharkbait Reef: General Disscusion

Bert2theSpark

TS Member
So there isn't a thread for this and I thought i might as well be worth creating a thread for this.

Anyway, Towers for the most part of last season have had Shark Eggs at the end of Sharkbait Reef and it looks like as the new season approaches so will baby sharks! Sharks born at Alton Towers!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155796588991201&id=21765316200

I believe the dad amongst them is the existing shark on-site, Hercules, Although I may be wrong.

Exciting times for Sharkbait Reef!

Female Sharks and Rays lay eggs (Mermaids purse) all the time just like female chicken and birds lay eggs, but they are not always fertile.

It barely ever gets any mention, but we thought Sealife was excellent. Everytging feels quite fresh and exceptionally clean, exhibits really well presented, informative, with excellent and knowledgable staff. Stroking a jellyfish was a new one on me...

Feels oddly like dead human flesh.

It barely ever gets any mention, but we thought Sealife was excellent. Everytging feels quite fresh and exceptionally clean, exhibits really well presented, informative, with excellent and knowledgable staff. Stroking a jellyfish was a new one on me...

Feels oddly like dead human flesh.
Not going to ask how you know what that feels like...

Yes I like the Sealife exhibit, it's obviously a nice bit of Merlin self-promotion but it's a good quality attraction that all members of the family can enjoy, and unlike Dungeons there is no pesky upcharge. The leafcutter ants was a great new addition a year or so ago. It's also one of only a handful of activities in the part that's fully weatherproof.