• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Mark00us

TS Member
General Alton Towers SW7 Talk that will increases when more info about the ride comes out !

Mod Edit: Spoiler warning removed from title as we now have spoiler tags!

Groundwork was coming along well nicely with a crane and drill working all day seemingly as it was there when I was in X-Sector at 10-11 and 3-4.

I last visited the park about 1 week ago and i can see that there is a lot going on in the site from things like ground work, when you are on oblivion you can really see the site fully :D

I'm salvaging some of the photos from the sinking ship. Here be the newest ones:

roary01 said:
So heres the pictures i managed to get from the SW7 site today,
lots of groundwork was taking place, with all the paving nearly taken up and also removing the base from the tent,
also what looked like work in the back (tree'd) area...
7352436806_f4f6f9a987_c.jpg

7352440328_fd899df3f8_c.jpg

7167232263_0ea807811c_c.jpg

7352446360_2b43469cf6_c.jpg

hopefully i can get photos and video next week if i head up the park, also i have yet to upload a video about the black hole tent getting took down ! Anyway what does everyone think about the plans for SW7 ?

Construction is making great progress! :)

SW7 will really turn out as a great coaster in my opinion, and I really think that the new plaza/landscaping will really improve the general appeal of X-Sector.

PeteA said:
Has anyone heard of any cuts to the budget for SW7 which may involve reduced theming?

No, have you?

I hope that doesn't happen, it will reduce the quality of the finished product, and- as this is a SW- it should be highly themed and have an good ride experience. It wouldn't be the same without those things, it would just be a generic coaster.

^
It was on a video blog I saw yesterday from someone who claimed that they knew staff in Merlin who have confirmed this (Not Shaun Sanbrooke I hasten to add)... For the life of me I cant remember where I saw this... WIll try and have find it again.

I very much doubt that Merlin would release any information about SW7 at this stage to anybody. It was mentioned by a senior member of Alton Towers' management last month that they would not release any information about SW7, and I honestly believe that what these people are claiming regarding the reduced budget is most likely an attempt at trolling.

Cheers for the link, sounds pretty vague and speculative I have to say. Anybody heard similar to add weight to this? Even if they did cut the theming budget, at this stage in the project they have time to value engineer it properly. Not a last minute ''we've run out of cash'' kind of scenario.

Time will tell I guess. :-\

I highly doubt that any budgets have been cut at this stage. I think both Merlin and Towers realise how important SW7 is going to be for the park, it has to be a success and they really want it to be a success. I also have a sneaky feeling that this will end up being an IP and if this is the case the IP will not want or allow for theming to be cut as it will be important in portraying said IP's brand. I pray it isn't an IP though for so many reasons!

:)

^Agreed. I refuse to believe any news regarding Towers unless there is official confirmation from AT itself. :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.