• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sherlock

Simon

TS Member
Soooooo.

Unsatisfactory.

Sherlock appears to have now been written as no more than an arm of the State, a nerdy James Bond. And the ending was pure Doctor Who. Tone it down, Gatiss, keep what makes Sherlock original.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I enjoyed the episode however, whilst I wouldn't say I was disappointed, there were a number of things made evident that weren't explained or felt a little unnecessary to the plot. It requires another watch before coming to a full opinion for me. The visuals and Cumberbatch go without saying on my own admiration.

There may be some spoilers ahead!

It wasn't too bad but I expected more if I'm truly honest. The theories to his survival throughout were entertaining and the true way he survived was very good and thought out. However, it seemed to be lacking something which makes Sherlock unique and some parts were just completely random and didn't make sense to me whatsoever (these could be explained in next week's episode though).

I'll watch on Sunday hoping that it is a slight improvement on this episode. 6.5/10

Last night was the first Sherlock episode I have ever watched so I had no expectations prior to it showing. I quite enjoyed it on the whole. I was slightly concerned with all the hype surrounding it that I would not be able to watch it as a new viewer but the basic plot points from two years ago were summed up nicely and was followed out throughout (I quite liked how OTT some of the 'how he did it' scenes were).

I will probably watch the coming up episodes and rewind back to the older ones of the modern TV adaptation. It's not normally a genre I would be interested in but I can happily say it has gained some of my interest!

I was quite in awe of the cinematography too!

Last nights episode was not far off perfect for me, it had everything. I'm looking forward to re-watching the series on blu-ray to see how it all ties in again.

Although good, I don't really understand the amount of people gushing over last night's season finale. The show has always relied upon a certain suspension of belief but the constant, flurried twisting and turning in the direction of the show completely distracted from any emotional weight that the episode could potentially have had. John finding out that his pregnant wife had lied to him about everything was painfully understated, the villain didn't get nearly enough screentime to be entirely threatening ("hai. I'm Rupert Murdoch. Bai.") and we got far too little of the humour that made the last episode so good. By all means, have a shortened series of you must, but don't cram six episodes worth of material into three.

As for the ending; both the Sherlock killed somebody "twist" and the Moriaty "twist". They were exactly what the viewer wanted on both occasions... but that's the problem. Both events were so, so obvious (particularly the latter, which could have been predicted by any halfway fan before season three even started). I don't know, it just annoys me that Sherlock is so good, but at the same time not as good as it should be.

On the bright side Moffat's managed to hack off the Daily Mail - clicky :p

That's the issue with the 3 episode formula they have, there's not enough time to develop certain aspects of the story (Mary's past, Magnussen in general)...

Then the final bit was done so poorly as a cliffhanger... They shouldn't have shown Moriaty until the post credits... Sure the rest of it could have been the same with all the TVs being taken over and stuff but to show him then and then after the credits was just stupid...

Still, it broke the fans...