• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Silver Star

pluk

TS Member
A thread for Europa's dullest coaster. Come at me.

I've not been for a few years and I was wondering, what has happened to the Nico theming since he bottled it out of F1? Has it become a shrine to the last decent driver Germany produced, or have they stuck with current Merc and updated it to the Brit and the Finn? Will they update next year and have 2 brits plastered all over the walls?

Last edited:
I can only assume you have never ridden Ba-a-a-Express if you think it is the dullest? :p

Silver Stars gets a bad reputation for a reason that I can never fathom. It is a really good coaster with solid airtime and some real ejector on the back row in places. Plus it is one of the greatest throughput machines in existance.

As for the theming, it's been nearly 2 years since I last went but I think it is Hamilton and Bottas plastered over the station.

There's already a topic for Europa's dullest coaster* ;).
*Subject to brake settings.

Admittedly, Silver Star has taken time to grow on me. When certain staff members are hosting and permit you rides with ample air time, it's a whole new coaster; particularly off the MCBR which isn't always that common.

Particular fond memories of that winter ride where the blinding hail and icy wind almost tore faces off.

It's weird to say but I think my favourite part of the ride is the insanely fast operations, they remind me of racing pit stops and I love watching it. The coaster is one of my favourites though because it's so fast and has some good airtime (something lacking in the UK).

Matterhorn blitz has to be quite dull when the highlight of the ride is saying hi to Dawn Swiss.

The current themeing for Silver Star is dire. The queue is just a misery with the operational issues they're having (double stacking, really?!) At least Blue Fire is only partly an advert

The current themeing for Silver Star is dire. The queue is just a misery with the operational issues they're having (double stacking, really?!) At least Blue Fire is only partly an advert

Not sure if serious or not!? Silver Star is possibly the fasted moving coaster queue I have been in!

Not sure if serious or not!? Silver Star is possibly the fasted moving coaster queue I have been in!

It's been having some flavour of issues during my visit. Trains having to be removed, multiple attempts to lock restraints etc. Saw it double stack and was on board when it did twice. Suddenly see how not great and cold and dark that room is.

When they were working fine our queue flew along but there were lots of moments of no movements. Trains being removed, bars not locking as they should. Not the best impression.

How strange, clearly having some sort of issues as it normally operates flawlessly. Sounds like sensor issues but I am not really an expert!

First time for everything- Silver Star typically has the best throughput on any B&M in the world: 30 minutes from the entrance of the queue with the extension loop open and achieving upwards of 1600/hour without too much difficulty and often up to 1800/hour.

There must be technical problems; I'll take a look when I'm there next week.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Tbh I really like Silver star, it does depend on conditions etc and to a degree if the MCBR activates, don't believe it always does as that changes the ride experience allot on the 2nd half.

Sorry to bump, but; for anyone who's been to Europa Park in 2022, does anyone know what the song that plays in the Mercedes Benz Hall every now and then, in between the Silver Star song (Ride On) and the F1 theme tune, is?

I recognised those two (well, I was able to find the Silver Star song on YouTube), but I couldn't recognise this other song.

I know that probably makes me sound nuts, and some of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but frustratingly, I can't even find a video on YouTube of SS' queue line from 2022 to explain what I mean...

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Or am I going totally mad?

The Race by Yello also plays amongst others, including the ride's theme song.

Had some cracking rides on it this week so far. Next to no wait either.

Just Drive by Alistair Griffin was playing a fair bit when I was there, which was the music used by Sky Sports F1 for their intro credits when they first got the rights to show F1.

Is it The Weekend - Blinding Lights?
I don’t think I heard this one, from memory. I’d have recognised it if I had.
The Race by Yello also plays amongst others, including the ride's theme song.

Had some cracking rides on it this week so far. Next to no wait either.

Just Drive by Alistair Griffin was playing a fair bit when I was there, which was the music used by Sky Sports F1 for their intro credits when they first got the rights to show F1.
Having listened to both of these on YouTube, I remember both of these being songs I heard in the queue and didn’t know. I think the one in particular I was looking for was Just Drive, having listened to it.

Cheers, all!

I’ve got to say, I absolutely loved Silver Star on my recent visit, and thought it was quite undeserving of a lot of the negativity it gets!

I went in with pretty low expectations, as many seem to think that it’s a pretty rubbish coaster. I’ve heard “worst rollercoaster in Germany”, “less force than Pegasus”, and “the world’s largest family coaster”, amongst others, being criticisms hurled at it. Heck, this thread starts with someone calling it “Europa’s dullest coaster”, and I’ve seen Shawn Sanbrooke say with a straight face that he prefers Pegasus to Silver Star. I also read Coaster Kingdom’s review, and they describe the feeling of airtime as being “quite weak” on Silver Star in the negatives section (although interestingly, CK also praised Poseidon for having “glorious sustained airtime” on the final drop while I felt absolutely no airtime whatsoever, so perhaps they just had a slightly different series of rides on Europa’s coasters to me). I’d even heard criticisms of it being very rough levelled at it, so I went in expecting something more akin to the Big One than my beloved Mako.

With all that in mind, my expectations were somewhat low even though my current number 1 is a B&M Hyper. Although I was cautiously optimistic given that SS is a B&M Hyper… and as it turned out, I was right to be! I thought Silver Star was phenomenal; I got hurled out of the seat with incredible sustained airtime over every single hill regardless of where I sat, the ride had a great sense of speed to it (particularly in the front row; I thought my face was going to fly off on that front row ride!), the ride was very smooth for the most part (although not quite as glass smooth as Mako; Mako just had this feeling of 100% glass smoothness that Silver Star couldn’t quite match), and I just found it so fun and rerideable! It’s admittedly not the most intense coaster per se if that’s your thing (I don’t think any of Europa’s coasters are especially intense, to be honest), but it is incredibly good fun, in my opinion. And as someone who rates coasters by fun and rerideability rather than out and out intensity, I absolutely loved that!

Perhaps controversially, it’s actually my favourite coaster at Europa!