• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags Great America: General Discussion

It'll be the same hybrid as the others - a mix of wooden supports and metal I-box track. Pity it's not like Outlaw Run but it looks pretty interesting nonetheless!

On the Six Flags "New for 2014" page they actually class Medusa at Six Flags Mexico which is getting the same RMC treatment as a Steel coaster, whilst this is apparently a Wooden one...

No sense...

I hope I'm not the only one who's sick of the sight of these bloody things? It just seems to latest fad to get a new ride in without having all the hoohar associated with building a whole new ride.

It was nice at first, but now it's becoming tiresome :/

This is a completely new ride though, not an old ride being modified like they did with Iron Rattler, NTG and are supposedly doing with Medusa in Mexico.

At least these are apparently more interesting than wing coasters - another fad that Merlin can't seem to get enough of.

There's currently only two coasters which have been modified by RMC in this manner. This will be the first original hybrid.

This seems to offer a balanced mix of air time, drops, speed, hang-time, twists and intensity. It's got aspects which have never been done on a ride of this nature before too. Give it a chance! :p

They're all so samey though! The first few were good as they were something very different that we hadn't really seen before. But now we've seen that many, which all seem to follow a very similar routine, just like Wing Coasters.

I'd have no problem with these things being built, but I'd much sooner they appeared gradually over time, rather than having an explosion of them all at once so they pale into each other.

Maybe it is just me, but I'm really getting bored of them now :/

That drop <3 The layout looks interesting indeed. Certainly sounds like a typical American/Six Flag-y type ride what with it being tallest, fastest etc. Will be intrigued to see how this could compare to Outlaw Run. :)

I don't see how this announcement could be seen as boring at all. It's got at least two elements that have never been done before. The "inverted zero G stall" and the dive loop look incredible and the first drop can't fail to be amazing.

I don't get the problem with many RMC hybrids being built either. RMC coasters are inexpensive and are by all reports extremely good. They're building many of them, all across the US. How can this be bad? More people get access to good coasters and parks can more easily afford headline rides.

Building many in a short space of time will also improve the manufacturing and building techniques meaning lower manufacturing costs and better coasters in the long term.

I think it's highly unfair to call RMC coasters samey as well. So far, each one of their layouts has been totally unique. The only common trait amongst them is the incredibly steep first drop which I say is no bad thing. I find it baffling that anyone could accuse RMC of being repetitive, I don't even think wing coasters are that bad for layout variation. Has everyone forgotten the time when B&M was churning out forceless coasters that were practically identical and Intamin was only building Impulse Coasters?

I think that this is one of the most exciting times for coaster fans in decades! Finally, parks are buying really good coasters in large numbers. I think it's even possible that these RMC coasters could completely change what the average park-goer expects from a coaster which is a very exciting prospect.

Really great to see Six Flags investing in ALL their parks. As for this, two coasters in 3 years. Not bad not bad....

I have been on New Texas Giant and found it a bit blah to be honest, but really good to see the investment.

On a side note, I hope Merlin take note of this level of investment.... When you see Legoland Windsor investing in some new play equipment for 2014, then somethings wrong isnt it :)

I don't get the lack of excitement. Did you all watch the video? Sure, it's really short and ends abruptly, but OH LORDY it's insane! I can't wait for this!

Medusa also looks properly amazing.

A layout picture has arrived:

1150785_10151856567908566_847558652_n.jpg

MMmmmmmm.....

Anyone else think they took inspiration for medusa's first drop from a certain broken UK coaster? :twirly: :p But They need a different name for the new wooden hybrid goliath. They have called so many coasters that. But it looks cool at points but just another drawn out coaster IMO.
EDIT: Six flags should also have a go at actually theming this Goliath coaster and it will be world class!

They've definitely broken one world record, for the silliest inversion name: 'Overbank Twist & Shout'.