• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags Magic Mountain: General Discussion

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
We have a Six Flags general discussion thread and a thead that was initially for Full Throttle but I thought with Twisted Colossus opening next year there was need for a decicated Magic Mountain thread.

Incase anyone has forgotten or not seen, here is Twisted Colossus:

gallery_twistedcolossus4b.jpg

gallery_twistedcolossus2b.jpg

Construction is under way, here a few new photos from over on TRP:

thumb_img_7840_0.jpg

thumb_img_7843_3.jpg

img_7835.jpg

Hopefully we will get a POV a la Wicked Cyclone sometime soon!

:)

So much prefer that track in blue! I actually maintain (as a non-hybrid enthusiast lol) I think this one's going to be awesome and deliver a primary directive of coasters, FUN!

So, it looks like Twisted Colossus is going to have an awesome little pre-lift section of track that has gone unoticed until now! These two photos where sent to The Coaster Guy:

TC_prelift_1.jpg

TC_prelift_2.jpg

What a nice looking surpise. This is going to be great fun to ride!

Reactions: jmc
The LA Times have a full POV of Twisted Colossus. Looks like it's going to be great fun with a lovely long ride time!

Am I right in thinking that the original ride was two seperate tracks? If they are now converting it in to a mobius loop, that's rather unique to say the least.

As much as I still think these coasters are ugly... I wonder if they could do the same to an existing mobius track? How about riding Grand National twice in a row on each side?
(Yes, I know it will never happen and I'm not suggesting it should happen, just pondering.)

^
Unfortunately its not going to be a mobius loop coaster. Its now going to be just one station rather than the two. So one coaster, one station and two lift hills.

^
Unfortunately its not going to be a mobius loop coaster. Its now going to be just one station rather than the two. So one coaster, one station and two lift hills.

Why is that unfortunate? It means you get two coasters for the price of one. The only thing the mobius loop adds to Grand National is that it's a nerdy fact for enthusiasts, that and it forces BPPB to run both sides. Other than that it's pretty pointless. If you're going to have the sides switch, you might as well get a go round the other loop. I'd argue that this is the correct application for a mobius layout.

Just noticed how much perspective is distorted in the concept image. Twisted Colossus is only 120ft tall in comparison to the 235ft Goliath. They look much the same height there though! :p

gallery_twistedcolossus4b.jpg

10312459_10154601630630501_1160140996385009068_n.jpg

The hill directly at the front seems of appropriate proportion. Perhaps they're going to raise the first drop? It looks a lot steeper and higher in the promo image but the rest seems about right.

The hill directly at the front seems of appropriate proportion. Perhaps they're going to raise the first drop? It looks a lot steeper and higher in the promo image but the rest seems about right.

According to rcdb the height of Twisted Colossus will actually be reduced from the original Colossus. Obviously the drop will be significantly steeper, but it certainly doesn't appear as though it will be any bigger.

According to rcdb the height of Twisted Colossus will actually be reduced from the original Colossus. Obviously the drop will be significantly steeper, but it certainly doesn't appear as though it will be any bigger.

Oh. Maybe they are making Goliath smaller as well?

First drop in place:

10730104_822167811159793_7517139205061296019_n.jpg

EDIT:

And a couple more photos that RMC have just posted to Facebook:

10610876_778394315531024_3641356013932450575_n.jpg

10868243_778394332197689_8747805516292381103_n.jpg

Last edited:
Some new Twisted Colossus photos. The second drop has started to be put in place:

thumb_image_10033.jpg

thumb_081_67.jpg

thumb_109_77.jpg

thumb_093_48.jpg

thumb_068_77.jpg

Off topic from Twisted Colossus, the park are FINALLY painting Scream! The coaster has been in dire need of a lick of paint for around 5 years now after being badly bleached and faded by the California sun.

Not only is it getting painted it's receiving a delightful new colour scheme, in the form of entirely dark blue track and deep orange supports. All this is part of the new Scream Punk District of the park, including Twisted Colossus!

8fae70e7e932f589a595c22843a28215.jpg

197ddeb5e1bcd00e49a0a2ef0e221147.jpg

Photos credit to 'TheCoasterGuy'

Reactions: Rob
Scream now actually looks much better. It's gone from looking completely disgusting to just looking ugly.