• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Something new you've learned today

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Is Wastelands Penitentiary (Tulleys Shocktober Fest) a ride? If not, my favourite ride is Nemesis.
Q'aráq on Roaring Rapids at Shanghai Disneyland is pronounced 'Croc' not 'Karak'.

Last edited:
In the episode of Red Dwarf Me2 when you see the video of Rimmers death (Gazpacho soup!) the shots at the end of the snow globe smashing and his arm is a homage to the film Citizen Kane.

Must've seen it a hundred times and never realised it before.

Could be controversial but I live dangerously…

Scotland could now be damned more than ever with Yousaf taking the helm. Bye Nicola. 👋🏻

My husband tried to teach me about relativity over breakfast, pretty sure I didn't understand all of it but I now know that's it's possible to travel at the speed of light to a point in distant space in seconds, even though light itself would take millions of years to reach us from that point. Weird huh?

ISS spacemen/women are actually a little younger than they would have been if they had remained on earth.
Yes I found an article about that, Scott Kelly is now even younger than his twin because of the year he spent in space! Was kind of hoping it had been the other way around so he could have leapfrogged him!

I know she’s fictional but I’ve always found Yvonne from Shameless a tough nut with an almighty gob. She is however, correct on the following:

“The three greatest lies of all time: Big is beautiful, the cheque's in the mail, and of course I won't come in your mouth.”

A word for 'carrot' in Welsh is 'moron'.

Not today but over the weekend on a walk I read on one of those little wooden information board that barred glass snakes, found in the UK, release a garlic odour from the anal gland as a defence mechanism to ward off predators.

Today, I learned that Tupperware is an actual company rather than simply a name for a type of food container… it must be like Hoover, where the product became so synonymous with the company that people just autonomously named it after the company!

Ah, generic trademarks. My gran had Tupperware containers in her kitchen when I was young - think they're still in use many years on.