• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

South California Trip

Ils

TS Member
We have just returned from a two week family holiday to California. I just want to add straight off we didn't attend Six Flags which will baffle most as we tried to get the balance right between attending theme parks and achieving family objectives the family wanted to undertake (aka the wife)

Quick Summary of the theme parks we attended -

Universal on our first full day in Hollywood.
Got on the Santa Monica Coaster on the Tuesday.
Attended SeaWorld San Diego Howl O Scream event on the Thursday.
Visited Disneyland resort for four and half days and Knott's Berry for the hottest day we were there.

We got on every main coaster within those parks except Manta at SeaWorld as it was not part of the Scarefest offering.

The best five rollercoasters ridden were as follows:

1) Front Row ride on Ghostrider at Midday. That thing is relentless.
2) Emperor - Such good fun for something that is not very long. No Sheikra but still very good. Also my youngest first big rollercoaster due to the 1.32m height restriction.
3) Silver Bullet - I love B&M inverts and although not in the same league as Montu, still a fun ride.
4) Incredicoaster - Got smoother on the second day we had at DCA and is such a long ride.
5) Matterhorn (Left Side) - One of my bucket list coasters due to being such a massive Disney fan. It opened a day before we arrived and although was slightly rough, I loved it.

Two rides that I wasn't a fan of.

Electric Eel - What a revolting ride and due to me being 6ft 2 getting in and out of the trains was ridiculous.

Hangtime - The biggest disappointment for me. I did not like the experience of dangling there with just a lap restraint. Probably the only other time I felt so uncomfortable on a ride, that the thought of death crossed my mind was on Falcons Fury. Even both my lads weren't to impressed by it.

Last edited: