• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sparking Spades?

Croftybaby

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
A quick question but I know somebody on here should be able to help me out. :)

I love these tools you see at the Halloween attractions that make sparks as they are grind along the floor. Normally spades/tools/pipes. That sort of thing.
I'm wondering how these work and if there's a way i can make/buy something like that myself for a Halloween prop?

I've tried searching Google but I can't seem to find a decent search term.

Can anyone help? :)

That looks like it could be quite handy! Thanks!
I thought it maybe simply grinding along the floor but some of them look quite impressive so I thought you maybe able to get something that had been lined with some sort of flint.

Yes that would be the other option, to attach some flint to the bottom of the spade.

I used to make my own flash pots, I used fire and sparks in my Magic shows many years ago.

Flash powder (titanium powder) and flash paper along with an ignition source is what I used to work with. All very inflammable, so I used to store and keep in a tightly shut metal tin. Only small amounts were needed. If you want to know more, probably best for me to give you information/instructions via PM than posting this on an open forum for obvious reasons. So faking the sparks from the spade might be another option, all would be trial and error to see what works best for you.