• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Statistics, Data, Information & Documentation Request

T

TS Member
Hello

I am on the lookout for as much information, including statistical data, graphs & charts, to demonstrate various aspects of how Alton Towers runs as a 'Resort'.

To explain: I have upcoming lessons on Statistics & Interpreting Data, & I am in the process of creating a mathematical lesson plan(s) on Statistics & Data, to span the course of a school term, based on something interesting. I chose Alton Towers, as the information will be somewhat 'fun' to look into, and get the students to interpret themselves, & create charts & the likes from the information I have ascertained.

The kind of information I am looking for is Traffic Counts, Visitor numbers over the years (so they can see the changes, & with a basic background information given to them, explain that the increase & decrease in certain years is due to X Y Z etc. Also, gate price increase, Throughputs & all other tidbits of numbers I can piece together to make a rather boring, & otherwise mundane topic, fun!

In order to do this, obviously, I need some data! Where about's is this information accessible, if at all? I have already downloaded one of the Planning Documents for SW7 - Traffic Reports, which has quite a lot of data I can put into a lesson, however I need much, much more!

Hopefully, you guys will be able to point me in the correct direction for this!

Also, I apologise if this is put in the incorrect section. I did think about putting it in the 'Quick Questions' topic, but for my needs & requirements, it isn't really a 'Quick' question!

Thanks!

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have you checked out all the Schools Packs? It's a while since I looked, but I seem to remember them including a few stats here and there.

There are also loads more Towers teaching resources in the Merlin Media Bank, but of course you need a login for that.

Islander said:
Have you checked out all the Schools Packs? It's a while since I looked, but I seem to remember them including a few stats here and there.

There are also loads more Towers teaching resources in the Merlin Media Bank, but of course you need a login for that.
I've got the School Packs, yes. Quite a bit of data to create lessons on, however I'm looking for more in depth data and stats such as visitor numbers, throughputs, etc etc.

What is Merlin Media Bank, and can anyone register for it?

Thanks Islander!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk