• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Storyville Gardens theme park opening in Nashville, Tennessee

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. Yesterday, a new theme park was announced as coming to Nashville, Tennessee, and its name is Storyville Gardens! Some of the basic info I can gather is:

• 100 acres
  • Themed to the four corners of the world; Africa, America, Asia and Europe. The African area would function as the park entrance.
  • The park would contain roller coasters and other attractions as well as 220,000 square feet of retail, dining and entertainment space.
  • The developers of the park want the park to encourage children and their families to read more by providing them with attractions themed to various stories from around the world.
  • As well as the theme park, the company will also contain a non-profit arm, consisting of a literacy centre that will help encourage children to read.
  • Being developed by Guerrier Development, a husband and wife duo consisting of Elde and DeLisa Guerrier.
  • Being designed by Storyland Studios, who have designed attractions such as the Hogwarts Express at Universal Studios Florida and the Legoland Hotel in California, amongst others.
  • The project is being developed in 3 phases. The first of these will cost around $300million, and could possibly open by spring 2025 (Coaster101 says mid-2022, but the park’s own website says 2025, so I think that might have been a typo). The $300m required for phase 1 has already been funded by private investors according to the developers.
  • The owners are currently looking for a specific location within the Nashville area to build upon.
  • An economic analysis found the park’s development would create 2,260 construction jobs and over 1,700 jobs once the park was operational.
Here’s the Coaster101 link I got much of this info from: https://www.coaster101.com/2021/06/29/new-theme-park-for-nashville-proposed/

Here’s the announcement video from the park’s developers:

And the park’s official website: https://storyvillegardens.com/#storyvillevideo

Well, isn’t this all very exciting? If the park happens, it could be huge for the Tennessee area and possibly the wider US theme park industry!

I’ve got to admit I’m loving the type of vibe the park looks to have in the promotional images; a world-themed park with rides was admittedly a bit of a fantasy of mine, so I love what they’re going for here! I also find it very interesting that this park doesn’t seem to feature (or at least, doesn’t lend itself to) any IPs; with many park operators’ insistence that “IPs are the future”, I’ll be very intrigued to see how this project goes down without any IPs! If it goes well, could this see a new rise in originally-themed entertainment at existing parks?

What do you guys think of this news?

Sorry for double posting, but I have more info courtesy of this Theme Park Tourist article: https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202106/8321/
  • Construction is set to begin in mid-2022 if all goes well (I think that’s where Coaster101 got mid-2022 from)
  • The site will span 130 acres in total, and will eventually have 3 hotels and 220,000 square feet of entertainment and retail alongside the theme park.
It should be exciting if it comes to fruition! As I said above, the $300m budget for the first phase has reportedly already been funded, so I’m optimistic!