• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strongest roller coaster for airtime at Alton Towers?

Strongest Alton Towers roller coaster for airtime?

• Total voters

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. Airtime is becoming an increasingly "in" thing on roller coasters, and with this in mind, many enthusiasts feel that an airtime-focused ride is something that Alton Towers currently lacks from its coaster selection. But I'd be really intrigued to know; of the park's current selection of roller coasters, which one do you feel is the strongest airtime machine?

Personally, I'd go with Wicker Man. While I don't think it has the strongest or most sustained individual pop of airtime in the park (strongest would go to Smiler or Rita, and most sustained would go to Oblivion), I think it has the most airtime and the most consistent airtime throughout the layout, and those pops are pretty strong, particularly in the back!

But which Towers coaster do you feel is the strongest for airtime?

It’s The Smiler for me. I honestly don’t think some of the coasters on the list should even be on the list as actual contenders though haha - it’s probably going to be between Wicker Man and The Smiler for most people, the only other ones I ever get any air on are Oblivion and Rita.

My vote goes Octonauts. Yet maybe Wickerman gives it a run for it’s money.

Surprised Th13teen hasn’t been mentioned at all. The back row has a nice pop of floater on the drop despite the trims,sometimes over the camelback too! And obviously the drop track section.

It's looking like octonauts might win this competition, shows how bad we are for airtime in the UK and particularly at towers.

I thought WM definitely initially but Thirteen is a good shout, however I'd say WM has more consistent airtime throughout the seats whereas I think you can only really get a good amount of airtime on Thirteen towards the back

Sorry for double posting, but in the new forum, you can now click on each option of the poll to see how's voted for what, meaning these polls are no longer anonymous, not that that matters, it's actually quite interesting to see what everyone's voted for.

Sorry for double posting, but in the new forum, you can now click on each option of the poll to see how's voted for what, meaning these polls are no longer anonymous, not that that matters, it's actually quite interesting to see what everyone's voted for.
You could do that on the old one, as well; I actually often did (apart from potentially more contentious topics, as I didn't want to get anyone flamed for having controversial opinions over contentious issues). I think I might have enabled that on this poll; I can disable it, if you'd like. Or just not do it on future topics.

You could do that on the old one, as well; I actually often did (apart from potentially more contentious topics, as I didn't want to get anyone flamed for having controversial opinions over contentious issues). I think I might have enabled that on this poll; I can disable it, if you'd like. Or just not do it on future topics.
Wasn't complaining, I didn't realise that was possible, nah leave it, it's fine.

Don't remember getting much airtime on Wicker man so not sure how people are saying that. It's definitely smiler or Rita