• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strongest theming on a mega/hyper, giga or strata coaster?

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. Mega, hyper, giga and strata coasters are absolutely huge rides, often the landmark ride of their park. Due to this, the cost of building the ride alone is often colossal, meaning that the theming on these monstrous rides is often quite limited. So my question to you today is; which mega, hyper, giga or strata coaster do you feel has the strongest theming?

Personally, I'd say that Kondaa at Walibi Belgium looks to have a fair shot at this title. It has a really well-themed station building, by the looks of things, and the area has tons of little details!

But which mega, hyper, giga or strata coaster do you think has the strongest theming?

Karnan is certainly a good contender, even if the final room with the inversion is naff.
An obligatory mention also for Shambhala, even if the main queue is a miserable place to be.

I was surprised at the quality of Yukon Striker and the surrounding area is great with a couple decently themed flats to make up the area (lumberjack and flying canoes). The baggage rack system also gets its bonus points! The only downside is that we had fast pass so missed go through the station.

All great points above, especially Shambala. The rides at PA deserve better!