• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Submission

queenofspeed

TS Member
As one of the least talked about rides, I'd like to see it it is worth riding or not. Also, when I was in the Oblivion queue I saw a second arm with seats, restraints and generally a quite usable and in-tact piece of ride. Why is this not used?

The ride is incredibly painful (mainly for men, as the restraints crush... need I say what it crushes).

The 2nd arm is a dummy, as has never been in operation I believe.

If you're going to ride it, get ready for the restraints to press down very hard. The three second pause at the top is quite painful, but the ride is quite fun regardless.

I've never personally been on it, and I have no intention to, but I know people that have been on it who said that it was extremely painful.

It should be replaced with a better flat ride, or have the restraints changed so it doesn't hurt!

When the ride was new it ran both arms, a combination of technical issues and lack of popularity have resulted in it being dropped to running one side only. The side they use has changed a few times over the years, presumably for technical reasons.

I don't think the far gondola is currently working as parts inevitably get 'borrowed' for use on the other side, though I have heard rumours that they want to be able to run both sides next year as X-sector will be the centre of attention.

It'd be good if both sides were working - it makes little difference to me as I rarely ride it, but it would look better if they were both going :)

MAKE SURE YOU ZIP UP YOUR POCKETS.
My phone fell out, and throughout the ride, I had to keep my foot on, whilst being crushed by the restraints.
Not a fan.

As far as im aware this year they have only used the front arm with the second arm in bits most of the year. But last year they used both arms at different points in the year. I certainly went on the back arm at one point last year.

I have heard rumours that they have now managed to get parts sorted for the ride and they are hoping both arms will run next year, which it will probably need with so many more guests in the area for SW7.

This is honestly the most uncomfortable ride experience I have ever encountered, I've been on submission a few times over the years and each time regretted it. It's hard to believe that in 2001 it was the parks new headline attraction!

Understandably the rides popularity has fallen rapidly in the last 11 years, mainly due to the comfort issues, and maybe something to do with the horrific sounds it makes as the gondola is turned over! Wether the sound is loose coins trapped in the structure or loose nuts and bolts is anyone's guess but it doesn't fill you with confidence!!

I've always been under the impression that the use of only one arm was down to the shortage of parts for the ride, since the manufacture went out of business shortly after the rides installation it proved difficult to get hold of the part needed to restore the use of both arms. As a result the arm in use has switched over the years to reduce the wear on the gondolas. Hopefully if they have managed to secure this part we will see both arms running in 2013 as it is a stunning looking ride when both arms are in operation