• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Summer of Fun

TS have posted some of the new audio on Facebook
https://fb.watch/73RXDuK3V5/

maCxEjy.jpg

Summer fun is apparently just taking pictures of people holding clipboards at strange angles...

And ... er ... bingo?? Just kill me now.

I'll be back for Oktoberfest.

They've replaced all the Towers Street music with the new music, as well as the great heritage music :(

First post for me, a long time reader of this forum..

That summer audio is pretty awful..

Towers really need to stop messing with these iconic soundtracks, as much as I love scarefest, Mardi gras, oktoberfest etc... there's no need to keep changing audio all day at the entrance unless it's for a show... Not a great impression for a first time visitor, and frustrating for those who love the park. There is no consistency anymore, whereas the standard audio feels like coming home.

These soundtracks are loved for a reason..leave them alone! At this rate, the actual soundtracks will only be played for a handful of days this year, with more events coming after summer...:(

I never knew they did this! What did they replace it with?

It was 2007 season

https://www.attractionsource.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16090

Following quote copy and pasted from youtube post
hi i am 14 this is my first video ever edited by me lol. i manage to get a recording of the new nemesis music whilst in the station and have given it a bass boost in audacity so it has a better original sound (almost) I have used videos from www.towerstimes.co.uk. Hope you all like it cuz this is probably the only decent video i have on you tube lol. 1 more Thing ALTON TOWERS RULES!!!!

I don't know the details but I think the 2007 audio changes were a result of a licensing issue. They suddenly found themselves with a massive bill to carry on using some of the ride soundtracks, so sourced alternatives on the cheap. In addition to the new audio on Nemesis, the Air soundtrack was replaced by London Eye audio and Rita's playlist was ditched in favour of what sounded like a demo track off a Casio keyboard.

I don't know the details but I think the 2007 audio changes were a result of a licensing issue. They suddenly found themselves with a massive bill to carry on using some of the ride soundtracks, so sourced alternatives on the cheap. In addition to the new audio on Nemesis, the Air soundtrack was replaced by London Eye audio and Rita's playlist was ditched in favour of what sounded like a demo track off a Casio keyboard.
Very interesting to know, thanks! Did they end up paying for the tracks in the end? I would have thought they would have bought the license for use forever when the tracks were composed.

Those *are* the details, John.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

As bad as the new Nemesis theme was, at least it was an attempt at a theme.

Remember 2005 (I think) when they just played mainstream pop music in some of the ride areas?

They've replaced all the Towers Street music with the new music, as well as the great heritage music :(
It's a no from me.

While the music in itself is ok (the vocals are by Ryan Nixon, an enthusiast I believe who is now employed on the Entertainments team) it just doesn't fit in with the park. It cheapens it. If you're reading this Ryan, sorry, it's not your vocals or the song itself, it just doesn't work in Towers.

The whole point (imo) of Towers is escapism; all the music around the park - because it's bespoke and more importantly instrumental - really helps the immersion and escapism. For me, putting vocals on music stops that escapism. They may as well go like SeaWorld, buy a PRS licence and just pump out pop music all day.

Changing music and adding lyrics may work at Thorpe but not at Towers.

Thankfully I'm not visiting until Octoberfest when normal service should be resumed!