• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Emerald Park (Formerly Tayto Park), Dublin: General Discussion

0ACD3052-097C-42CF-B3A3-442219900BB0.jpegnew photo from emerald park

Do slightly think they've gone to all that effort with the rockwork, but then covered the ride area in ugly cable trunking. Why couldn't the cables be routed underground, or over the top further back away from the eyeline.
I get the darker colour ride structure stuff is needed and can't be obscured as easily, but the silver cable guides are badly designed and implemented.

Do slightly think they've gone to all that effort with the rockwork, but then covered the ride area in ugly cable trunking. Why couldn't the cables be routed underground, or over the top further back away from the eyeline.
I get the darker colour ride structure stuff is needed and can't be obscured as easily, but the silver cable guides are badly designed and implemented.
I agree that it is a bit of an eye sore but the top has the gear house and I believe the wire trunks lead down into the ground then under the land to the power source. Not much they could do apart from paint them really.

I agree that it is a bit of an eye sore but the top has the gear house and I believe the wire trunks lead down into the ground then under the land to the power source. Not much they could do apart from paint them really.
They could have gone down the left side then underground, instead of up and over the track and then down. Also use black cable guides not shiny silver.

Hoping thats going to be tidied up.
Overall I'm very happy with the direction the parks going we went from having no proper theme parks here to one thats actively developing and improving year on year and I hope they keep it up.
I really hope when the new area opens it a success and drives them to expand to making more fully themed areas and hopefully some rethemeing throughout.

Anyone know what the status of the new coasters are? I know the park have said May for opening. I'm planning a visit in June but have not seen any testing videos or know how far all the landscaping is?