• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Emerald Park (Formerly Tayto Park), Dublin: General Discussion

Clearly unfinished (quite badly inside the mountain actually), hope they finish it up...

Solid addition to the park though, very dull floating around like most flumes, maybe they'll add stuff to it? But it'll be a hit for the Paddies...

I noticed some spotting staff around the splashdowns and on the major lift. Is this as a result of recent incidents elsewhere? Or just opening day operations?

I noticed some spotting staff around the splashdowns and on the major lift. Is this as a result of recent incidents elsewhere? Or just opening day operations?
Probably making sure everything works, and in case something goes wrong (teething problems).

Last edited:
Tayto have had some issues with the hotel plans and have withdrawn them. They hope to make a new application for planning at a later date.
The owner also confirmed that the park's next new large coaster will be a steel coaster.
No year is mentioned but previously the owners have said there would be €17.5 million coaster in 2019, and that the park would operate a 2 year major investment cycle.

http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/r.../18/4156215-tayto-park-hotel-plans-withdrawn/

Has this been confirmed, or is it just a rumour, out of interest? Also, if this coaster were for 2019, wouldn't we likely have seen construction beginning by now?
I have never heard any mentions or rumours of a B&M at Tayto.
There was talk of another Gravity Group woodie but with confirmation that this will be a steel coaster that obviously is not happening.
The only other manufacturer that has been mentioned over the years is Mack.
Michael Mack has previously said that have been in talks with Tayto about supplying a coaster.
https://www.buzz.ie/news/europes-best-theme-park-just-opened-a-new-area-dedicated-to-ireland-152663
But the visit may be more business then pleasure, with Mack divulging that talks are underway to bring a new rollercoaster over to the Irish amusement park.
“I would love to visit again,” Michael Mack said.
“People from Tayto Park have been visiting us and I showed them plans for the Irish area so they gave me a few hints and a little bit of help with it, so I definitely want to come visit again. We are also in talks to maybe deliver a new ride to them in the near future.”
Personally I'd hope for a Mack. But we won't know what manufacturer it is until they announce it.

With regards there not being any construction yet. Tayto Park would be putting the coaster on a completely flat site and steel coasters can be erected quickly so it will not take them long to build it.

I don't get the appeal of a B&M floorless? No one has even built one in ages. Or how marketable that would be for Tayto?
A nice Mack multi launcher would suit best in my opinion. Quality ride and an extremely different experience to Cu Chuliann. Marketing could focus on it being Ireland's first ever launch coaster.

A B&M floorless would be a great ride - Kraken is absolutely fantastic! They could also market it as Ireland's first floorless coaster!