• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Emerald Park (Formerly Tayto Park), Dublin: General Discussion

This interview from CoasterForce, Charles Coyle (the general manager of the park) has announced they will be getting a new Zierer family coaster (at 5:50)

Smart investment of course, but the supposed thrill coaster waits a bit longer.

Tayto Park have announced a new €14m steel thrill coaster for 2021.

In short:
- 32m tall
- Said to be around 400m longer than the Cu Chuliann (1,084m)
- Said to be "two coasters in one" - duelling possibly?
- 1,200 throughput
- Investment of 14 million euros
- Planning permission is to be lodged next week (so we should hopefully be finding out more then)

Confirmed in an interview with the Independent.ie:
https://m.independent.ie/business/i...ng-for-new-14m-steel-attraction-37578690.html

"Ireland’s largest theme park, Tayto Park is to lodge a planning application for its biggest attraction to date, an 'iconic' €14m steel roller-coaster ride in the coming days.

Owner of Tayto Park, Ray Coyle said on Thursday that the new roller-coaster will be the same height as the park's 32 metre high Cú Chulainn but will be 400 metres longer that the 1,082 metre long Cú Chulainn ride.

Mr Coyle said that the new roller-coaster "will copper-fasten the future of Tayto Park".

He said: "The new roller-coaster will be two roller-coasters in one. It will be a first for Europe and ensure the future of the park. If you don’t create something landmark every three of four years, your numbers will start going down and that is the road to closure."

Mr Coyle said that the plans for the roller-coaster will be lodged with Meath County Council next week.

He also said that the aim is to secure planning in 2019, build the roller-coaster in 2020 and open it to the public in 2021.

He confirmed that the cost of the roller-coaster will be €14m and will be able to accommodate 1,200 passengers per hour compared to the Cú Chulainn carrying 1,000 passengers per hour.

Mr Coyle was commenting as new accounts for Tayto Park which show that last year it recorded an 8pc rise in pre-tax profits to €3.65m.

This followed revenues increasing by 5pc to €17.533m - or an average of €92,770 a day in revenues for each of the 189 days Tayto Park was open last year.

Mr Coyle confirmed that 720,000 visitors came to Tayto Park last year and this year numbers will increase by around 3-4pc in spite of numbers down for the month of July due to the hot spell.

He added that Tayto Park’s Earnings Before Interest Depreciation Tax and Amortisation (EBITDA) are €7m for last year.

Mr Coyle said that he was "delighted" with the performance of Tayto Park in 2017 and 2018.

Mr Coyle opened Tayto Park "in a field in Co Meath" in October 2010. He said: "Nobody came for six months. I thought we would have to close it down but in the Easter of 2011 people started to come. You learn as you go along."

Mr Coyle said that the crowds coming to Tayto Park in 2018 will be the highest to date. He said: "Word of mouth is how most people come to Tayto Park - it accounts for around 60pc."

He said that the most popular attraction is the all wood Cú Chulainn roller coaster which opened in 2015.

He said that 40pc of visitors go to the Zoo at Tayto Park with 35pc doing the tour of the Tayto factory.

Mr Coyle also stated that Tayto Park receives a very strong trade from Northern Ireland accounting for 24-25pc of all customers.

Mr Coyle said that the park has been adding incrementally to its attractions each year.

The park has also been a strong employer in the local area - the 2017 accounts show that numbers employed last year totalled 296 with staff costs of €4.4m.

Tayto Park’s post tax profits last year were €3.1m after paying corporation tax of €549,402.

The company’s assets had a book value of €33.48m at the end of last year."

Last edited:
Could they potentially be duelling RMC Raptor or T-Rex coasters? I believe I saw a concept somewhere of duelling RMC single rail coasters, and £14m (the pound sign will have to suffice for now as there isn't a euro sign on my computer keyboard) certainly isn't a small amount of money, so I reckon it could be possible!

This looks like a really good park- what’s the betting merlin snap them ion and some point and ruin all this good work

Hopefully this is something good! As Danny says, just having Ch Chewytimberlinertrains Coaster is not really enough to get me over to Ireland, however a good steel coaster would get me there!

A first for Europe? I smell an RMC Raptor.

and £14m (the pound sign will have to suffice for now as there isn't a euro sign on my computer keyboard)

That's Brexit right there for you! :p

This looks like a really good park- what’s the betting merlin snap them ion and some point and ruin all this good work

At least there would then be a decent woodie in the Merlin chain.

(and no I’m not counting Colossos)

It's a while to wait but good news as it's just not worth the visit at the moment for me.

Could they potentially be duelling RMC Raptor or T-Rex coasters? I believe I saw a concept somewhere of duelling RMC single rail coasters, and £14m (the pound sign will have to suffice for now as there isn't a euro sign on my computer keyboard) certainly isn't a small amount of money, so I reckon it could be possible!

Hold Alt Key and type 0128

We're not quite at 1:1 rate!

Please be the new SLC... please be the new SLC..... please be the new SLC....

New generation Suspended Thrill Coaster (successor to the SLC) intertwined with a Vekoma Family Boomerang.

FB_IMG_1544212706416.jpg

Will be located behind the Viking Voyage flume.
FB_IMG_1544212708744.jpg

FB_IMG_1544212710708.jpg
FB_IMG_1544212712437.jpg
FB_IMG_1544212714682.jpg

The boomerang will feature a twisted return spike.
rollercoaster.jpg

In comparison to Cu Chuliann.
coaster2021.png

Concept art. A roll/inversion for the STC is visible.

It was said the investment would be a Europe First - presumably that was a reference to the new Vekoma STC.
Will be interesting to see how it rides; have to wait until 2021 though...

New generation Suspended Thrill Coaster (successor to the SLC) intertwined with a Vekoma Family Boomerang.

FB_IMG_1544212706416.jpg

Will be located behind the Viking Voyage flume.
FB_IMG_1544212708744.jpg

FB_IMG_1544212710708.jpg
FB_IMG_1544212712437.jpg
FB_IMG_1544212714682.jpg

The boomerang will feature a twisted return spike.
rollercoaster.jpg

In comparison to Cu Chuliann.
coaster2021.png

Concept art. A roll/inversion for the STC is visible.

It was said the investment would be a Europe First - presumably that was a reference to the new Vekoma STC.
Will be interesting to see how it rides; have to wait until 2021 though...

The next 3 year are looking soo good for rollercoasters in Europe. New vekomas, RMC, the investments at Asterix and now even Tayto is making me want to revisit. Yet nothing announced for AT so they'll probably stick VR on Twirling Toadstool from 2020 :p!

I wonder if they will continue with the theming levels of the flume or whether this follow the route of Cu chullian and just theme the entrance (Looking likely from the concept). I think these coasters will finally draw people in, it could be an exciting few years for the park :)

The next 3 year are looking soo good for rollercoasters in Europe. New vekomas, RMC, the investments at Asterix and now even Tayto is making me want to revisit. Yet nothing announced for AT so they'll probably stick VR on Twirling Toadstool from 2020 :p!

I wonder if they will continue with the theming levels of the flume or whether this follow the route of Cu chullian and just theme the entrance (Looking likely from the concept). I think these coasters will finally draw people in, it could be an exciting few years for the park :)
Add to that new B&M invert at Grona Lund plus new coasters at Walibi Belgium. It's very exciting! Am going to have to save up for some European trips that's for sure

Very exciting, seems perfect for the park and both look decent rides. The boomerangs are great family coasters and if these new STCs are half as good as their recent sitdowns they'll be brilliant, this one looks like a bigger Orkanen with inversions. Delighted the place seems to be going from strength to strength. The next few years are shaping up great for European parks in general, shame Britain seems to be missing the boom.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm certainly glad to see Vekoma building one of their new thrill coasters in a park reasonably close to the UK; I'd love to try one, as the likes of Lech and Formula look amazing!

And Accelerator at Drayton Manor is brilliant fun, in my opinion, so I'm sure the Family Boomerang will be great!