• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Emerald Park (Formerly Tayto Park), Dublin: General Discussion

Re: 2015: Massive new woodie for Ireland

I guess so. Though S&S did make a few wooden coasters some years ago. Can't see it being them though. :p Tbh, regardless of whoever makes it, it's a more than welcome change from the usual coasters built in the UK. :)

DelPiero on CF has spotted that the planning application has gone online.

Development Description said:
Extension of the existing Tayto Park facility on a site of approximately 18.1ha to include: a New Vehicular Entrance to Tayto Park from the R155; a new Roundabout Junction on the R155 at Robinson's Cross Roads and associated works to the public road including localised road realignment, street lighting, drainage and landscaping; an Entrance Arch feature; an Internal Access Road incorporating a Vehicular Bridge and a separate Pedestrian Bridge of the River Hurley; and a new Car Parking Area to provide a total of 1,917 no. car parking to serve the entire facility. The development also provides for construction of Complementary Visitor Facilities and Attractions within the extended area to include a 2 storey Admissions Building (1,396sqm) incorporating entrance hall, administration, ancillary retail and toilets; a Wooden Rollercoaster with a ride length of 1,081m, an overall plan area of 1.38ha and a maximum height above ground level of 33.3m, and all ancillary plant and development works to include a Station Platform (157.5sqm), a Storage/Maintenance Shed (157sqm); a Control Room (22sqm); a Motor House (22sqm) and an associated Retail Outlet (15sqm); an indoor "Dark Ride" attraction which is completely enclosed within a Hall (548sqm) with an overall height of 13.25sqm; an "Air Race" attraction with a maximum height of 12.8m; and a Toilet Block (76sqm). Associated and ancillary site development works including 3 no. Surface Water Attenuation Ponds; Pumping Station with Emergency Storage Tank, Supplementary Foul Water Storage Tank; Acoustic Barrier (at entrance from R155); Site Services; Landscaping; Boundary Treatments; Lighting and Walkways throughout the extension area. An Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) has been submitted to the Planning Authority in respect of this planning application

So not just a coaster - a dark ride and a Zamperla Air Race too! :)

I can't believe I missed this! Posted by CF's Ian on 21st January. :mad:

Ian on CF said:
I've had an email back from park management so the following is sourced from the park:
  • Designed by The Gravity Group.
  • The park will use local carpenters and tradesmen and a number of their experienced tradesmen to construct.
  • The stats have not been finalised but the park quoted 32m (105 ft) high, length between 1.1km and 1.4km (3609-4593 ft) long, top speed just under 100kph (62mph).
  • "It will be by far the largest wooden coaster in the UK and Ireland and will be competing in the top 5 most exciting coasters in Europe."
  • Operating by Easter of 2015 (very early April), planning permission dependant.
  • Planning permission will be submitted at the end of January.
I have also requested the name and any imagery they might have (awaiting reply). We've also been offered a tour when we visit in 2015.

Grav Group in the British Isles! :eek: :D

Looks like the application has been rejected due to an incomplete or incorrect form.. :D So didnt even go before the planning meeting. Not sure if it will all have to be resubmitted or not.

:D

This isn't going to get built if they can't even fill out the form correctly.

I won't be getting my hopes up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Good news, this coaster has beeb given approval by the council!

The Meath Chronicle said:
Plans for a €25m expansion of Tayto Park, including a massive new roller coaster that would be the second biggest in Europe, have been given the green light by Meath County Council planners.
Planning permission has been granted for the massive extension to the Tayto Park facility near Ashbourne, which was Ireland’s sixth most popular paid attraction last year, with 435,000 visitors.
The roller coaster alone will cost €8.5 million and will be the centrepiece of a development which will include new rides, a new entrance and additional parking and facilities on an 18.1 hectares site. It is likely to be a major new draw for visitors to the county.
The new development is expected to increase the workforce to around 550 at peak times from the 220 which were employed there last summer.

Also a couple of artist's impressions that seen to have been missed here:

tayto-park-roller-coaster-630x393.jpg

tayto-park-roller-coaster-01-630x393.jpg

:)

With all that lovely greenery and stuff surrounding the ride - it's going to look really beautiful across that landscape hopefully!

Nice to hear it's been given the green light though :)

This is superb news. I would love to take my car over to Ireland for the weekend and make a stop at Tayto Park for such an excellent looking new ride.

And of course, stay nearby and enjoy some of that Irish hospitality!

I'll been following this for a while, it completely came out of the blue, the park is a runaway success already, even though it offers nothing more than kiddies play areas and a tour of a Tayto factory.

The dark ride and the Air Racer is a nice surprise as well but I'm very worried they will be very kiddie focused. Looking forward to giving the wooden rollercoaster a go seeing as it's only 40 minutes away from my front door, it'll be rude not to!

The park now also has a large gyro swing type of ride. It's like a bigger version of the ride at fantasy island. Look for Mr Tayto on facebook.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again here; I get Mammut VIBES from this picture:

And...

01.jpg

Are they not two totally different layouts?

EDIT: I'm thick, ignore me. The second one is Mammut. Duh. :p

Good news, this coaster has beeb given approval by the council!

Also a couple of artist's impressions that seen to have been missed here:

tayto-park-roller-coaster-01-630x393.jpg

Am I the only one that has noticed otsr on the train? They'd better not be on if it's built!:mad:

Please god no, Mammut is utter balls.

I meant the actual look of the ride, with the field in front of it, not how it will physically ride, haha! :p

This won't be anything like Mammut; it's a Gravity Group woodie and it'll ride like their other coasters (hopefully it'll get Timberliner trains and not end up becoming as brutal as some of the GG woodies look).