• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Emerald Park (Formerly Tayto Park), Dublin: General Discussion

Think their Timberliners will be limited to their smaller coasters, since they tested Voyage with them and they just did not work...

Probs get PTCs... Would love to see Timberliners though, they're fab <3

But they were retrofitted to the Voyage. This would be built from scratch, presumably with Timberliners in mind. Surely they wouldn't go to all the effort of building a beautiful new coaster and then ruin it by putting PTCs on it...

Smaller rides? Well Hades has them:

hades-360-corkscrew-11.jpg

Soooo....?

Reactions: Sam
Hades got them retrofitted as well it would seem... So must be a mixed situation for them on the bigger rides...

I'd love to know why Holiday World had problems with them. Hopefully Tayto's woodie will have them and they have no fuss with them.

Thing is, the clam shell design concerns me a little. The trains do look good but I've heard mixed reviews on how the restraints affect the ride experience. Some say they're fine while others say they're a little restrictive. I've not tried them myself, but I edge towards the negative side, considering the restraints look like those used on Maurer coasters.

The trains look nowhere near as good as GCI Millennium Flyers.

I have to agree with Dan. For me, not only does the restraint look very X-Coaster-esque, but Millennium Flyers manage to get that balance of looking modern whilst retaining that traditional wooden coaster charm. Timberliners on the other hand look like they belong on a Vekoma Junior Coaster to me.

RCDB have an image of the wood in the park!

0HWxXA8.jpg

Also the reliable Ian on CF reports that opening has been pushed back to 2016 but it will include at least one inversion.

Sounds like an RMC then. Good to see there's progression though.

Hope this doesn't cause any problems:
Screamscape said:
(11/4/14) Tayto Park, following an inspection from the National Parks & Wildlife Service, seems to have received a number of notes regarding the status of their animal habitats, but there was also a note of concern over the location of the park’s proposed new wooden coaster possibly being too close or loud for nearby animals. Of course, I’m not sure if this group is familiar with a number of the park’s in the US that have had large coasters and animal habitats for years like Busch Gardens Tampa, the SeaWorld parks, Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom or Hersheypark.

:)

Does anyone know what the chances are of this opening by August? There may be a gathering of inlaws in the area... :)

You never know, construction could be well under way for all we know. Updates will be few and far between with such a small 'park'.

Aww, shame if the initial opening dates will be next year instead of this year. As Diogo mentioned, I've got a bit of a family gathering in Ireland in August - they're only in Co. Wicklow, would be easy enough to drive up there!

Saying that I DO have an Irish coaster credit :p No idea what exactly, but it was at Tramore Amusement Park in 2000.

Aww, shame if the initial opening dates will be next year instead of this year. As Diogo mentioned, I've got a bit of a family gathering in Ireland in August - they're only in Co. Wicklow, would be easy enough to drive up there!

Saying that I DO have an Irish coaster credit :p No idea what exactly, but it was at Tramore Amusement Park in 2000.
P1000980-e1370028645478.jpg

?

Interesting park. If this is the competition for that woodie, it's going to be tough to market...

P6290467.jpg

lol! ironically the only picture I have of the park at all is of my friends in a peddle boat... (really 'new' for 2014). According to my diary of the trip we mostly whored the waltzer, but I do remember going on a roller coaster as well.

I can tell you it definitely wasn't a Big Apple though, or a spinning mouse, but sadly RCDB lists no rollercoasters for the place at all, and Coaster Counter lists two but no helpful information figuring out what it might have been. That's the trouble with tiny pleasure beach parks, and it was 14 years ago...