• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Emerald Park (Formerly Tayto Park), Dublin: General Discussion

That'll be the source of the flavouring for their roast chicken crisps. That poor bird has to fart in to every bag on the production line before they seal it.

Inverted wooden coaster?
iwc-4.jpg

It's almost incomprehensible to me that this park, for whom we are presently having the craic with, and whom we all quite obviously wish very well, has a small marque food place, photos of a bench and a chicken on their fansite, and are suddenly investing how many millions of Euros into a selection of new rides and attractions!

They're spending more than Gardaland on their Dive Machine.

Joking to one side, it really is a phenomenal investment amount.

I kind of wish they'd built a Mack Mega though :D

I am unsure if this concept has been posted before now so I am going to post it anyway. From Tayto Park's Facebook page:

10917945_904585366249115_5394067048946005647_o.jpg

The drop is quite a bit larger than any other park of the ride so it should carry good speed!

:)

RCDB have the name listed as 'Embargoed'. Don't know whether that's code for we know something but can't disclose it or whether that actually is the name of this beast. Hopefully the former because that would be a terrible name for a coaster.

Last edited:
TPR appear to have got hold of the plans:

layout1.png

layout2_0.png

layout3.png

layout4.png

Is it just me that can't see the inversion? I have a feeling it might just be a very heavily over banked turn.

Having a quick look at the park press release it seems to suggest its no having inversions but is inverted. It also suggests an Irish mythological theme.

It is also I think one of severn new rides or attractions opening this year. With an Air Race, Rotator, sky tower, train ride and a 5d cinema.

Here is the press release which I think is new

http://www.taytocrisps.ie/park/events/news/press-release-2015/

@Rob I seem to recall a mention of an over bank turn rather than a full inversion.

It's mentioned by the GG representative in the press release:

“We always try to make each ride the best ride possible for its size. When we have the chance to break a record – we go for it! When this ride opens to the public, its overbanked turn will give people a taste of going upside down – a first for a wooden coaster in Europe, so we are pretty excited about this.”

It's mentioned by the GG representative in the press release:

Do these GG coasters ride on the track rather than having the steel style bogeys such as on the RMCs?

If so I find the idea of an over bank in that way rather more thrilling than the inverting steel tracked RMCs.

How they ride is a different matter but that's pretty impressive technically surely?

Do these GG coasters ride on the track rather than having the steel style bogeys such as on the RMCs?

If so I find the idea of an over bank in that way rather more thrilling than the inverting steel tracked RMCs.

How they ride is a different matter but that's pretty impressive technically surely?

It may superficially seem technically impressive, but their other major inverting coaster Hades 360 is apparently horrendously rough. All wooden coasters run on a track of thin steel, and I imagine any stressful track sections will have thicker steel to cope with these stresses. They are out and out woodies as far as they go today though.

I still don't understand the difference? They all ride on the track, they all have side- and up-stop wheels like steel coasters.

While my first comment was flippant, I'm not trying to be belligerent :)

I still don't understand the difference? They all ride on the track, they all have side- and up-stop wheels like steel coasters.

While my first comment was flippant, I'm not trying to be belligerent :)

That's what I was asking though, do the standard woodies have the up-stop wheels.

Technically, Wild Mouse has an upstop disc :p

TPR appear to have got hold of the plans:

layout2_0.png

layout3.png

Is it just me that can't see the inversion? I have a feeling it might just be a very heavily over banked turn.

On these two pictures, there seems to be bits intentionally blanked out. Could they be covering inversions or just artefacts from the copying process?

Last edited:
The only coasters that don't have upstops are scenic railways and side friction woodies.

It may superficially seem technically impressive, but their other major inverting coaster Hades 360 is apparently horrendously rough. All wooden coasters run on a track of thin steel, and I imagine any stressful track sections will have thicker steel to cope with these stresses. They are out and out woodies as far as they go today though.

I feel it's worth pointing out that Hades was horrifically rough long before they added the inversion and overbank. It's the result of years of battering from the PTC trains, not because they added the inversion. The new section is reportedly very smooth. Unfortunately, they chose not to take the opportunity to re-track the rest of the coaster when they made the modifications.