• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Emerald Park (Formerly Tayto Park), Dublin: General Discussion

I feel it's worth pointing out that Hades was horrifically rough long before they added the inversion and overbank. It's the result of years of battering from the PTC trains, not because they added the inversion. The new section is reportedly very smooth. Unfortunately, they chose not to take the opportunity to re-track the rest of the coaster when they made the modifications.

It was Gravity Group who designed it in the first place though; I'd be unhappy if my park's coaster was hideously rough after 8 years of operation.

It was Gravity Group who designed it in the first place though; I'd be unhappy if my park's coaster was hideously rough after 8 years of operation.

To be fair to Gravity Group, Hades was their first coaster. Since then, they have refined their building techniques and developed their own trains. So far GG's newer coasters which have been designed to run with Timberliners have stayed pretty smooth. I suppose we won't know for sure that it worked until they've had chance to get old.

That's not the whole story though. With any wooden coaster, the ride quality is often dependent on how well the park maintains the ride. Judging by the reputation of Mount Olympus' other wooden coasters, Gravity Group may not be entirely to blame here.

Anyway, the way you worded your previous post made it sound like the inversion is somehow to blame for the roughness which isn't the case.

According to CoasterForce, we a have a name: The Cú Chulainn Coaster. Apparently it is named after a legendary mythical Irish hero.

And here is a rendering of the front car of the train:

B-Ni3HOIYAAPxa4.jpg

Dear lord springs to mind! I personally think that is hideous for a coaster train.

:)

Tayto Park admission 2015: €14
Tayto Park ride wristband 2015: €15

Total: €29 (£23.00)

Now is it just me, or is that hefty for such a small scale operation?

Ireland doesn't really have a theme park industry so I guess they can get away with it.

You didn't think they just magiced the money for this?

Is it wrong that I kinda like it? Yes it's ugly but there's something about it which makes me like it :p

Ireland doesn't really have a theme park industry so I guess they can get away with it.

You didn't think they just magiced the money for this?

They probably just found a leprechaun and it spiralled into adding a few new rides and a cred...

I love the train design because it's so unashamedly awful and vile... Also Timberliners <3

I haven't been on a Timberliner train yet having only ridden 8 GCI's...

How do these trains compare? I am concerned that the bars look like Maurer.

£23 seems like a fair price to me. Remember they're also installing an Air Race, dark ride, and a giant gyro swing.

That price also includes the factory tour and all their smaller attractions. I've heard it's a similar place to Toverland with all the play equipment etc.

It is like a lower level Toverland. There's a fairly substantial zoo, nice restaurants and more 'extreme' climbing stuff like a massive rock climbing wall, a high ropes course and a zip wire.

And for those wondering where they got the money from, Tayto is pretty much the Irish equivalent of Walkers, they have the cash to spare ;)

I haven't been on a Timberliner train yet having only ridden 8 GCI's...

How do these trains compare? I am concerned that the bars look like Maurer.

The only Timberliner GG coaster I have been on is Wooden Warrior. Those trains were lovely. More importantly, the bar stays where you put it. It didn't get tighter during the ride.

Their new ride opens TOMORROW!

11083665_931123196928665_8667990455800921258_n.jpg

Little shot tower. It's fascinating to see a new park at its birth that isn't a big corporate master-planned park. It must be thrilling for them, just starting with a totally blank slate and being able to do whatever they want to do as soon as they have enough cash to do it. They seem to be opening rides about once every two months!

Some new construction pictures, courtesy of ThemeParks.ie :)

Looks as though the majority of the support structure is now complete. They're making good progress!

201503-2-construction-08.jpg

201503-2-construction-01.jpg

201503-2-construction-05.jpg

201503-2-construction-02.jpg