• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Emerald Park (Formerly Tayto Park), Dublin: General Discussion

What's with the guy on the front, and what's with the X-Car esque lap restraints? :mad:

It's a Timberliner train, and the restraints are fab, although I do like the majority of the X-Car restraints (bar G-Force, obviously)...

Ride entrance is pretty impressive:

11351484_966771253363859_8361317197081460794_n.jpg

:)

Well, this does look really rather good! It's official we have a 21st century modern day Wooden Coaster on the British Iles! Fantastic news and hopefully a few other parks follow suite! Can't say it looks like the most airtime filled coaster from the video but still looks nice long and very impressive!

What I can say from the video is... They always pick the WORST reporters! :p

It looks pretty good, much longer than I was anticipating and it seems to retain its speed well. That overbank is never in a million years an inversion though. :p

The guy in the red jacket looks like he really enjoys it :p

Looks like a great ride though! The length is its strong point and it looks quite fast as well. For Ireland's first major coaster, they've gotten off to a great start!

Like everyone else has said, looks really good, holds its speed well and it's very long. A great first coaster for Ireland.

Looks very good - great pacing and length, longer than I was expecting actually. Looking forward to hearing some reviews once it is open.

Lengthy and speedy, all you could really ask for really. Looks like good fun. I'm not desperate to get on it as soon as possible, but it's certainly on my wish list.

Depends on how you define an inversion. I'm of the opinion that anything that banks beyond 90' should count, because you arse is above your head, however slightly.

Reactions: Dar
This will without doubt be the best new coaster in Europe to be installed in 2015. I really have to get out there this year. A very quiet year for the industry here in the UK but, for the first time, Ireland is where the only thing of remote interest is happening. This really makes Skyforce look rather feeble.

Wow it really is relentless! I've read that there is currnently quite a jolt through the 'inversion' but it is being worked on.

Looks vastly better on the POV than the other video. Can see this making the Mitch Hawker top 20, if there's ever another poll.

Well, it certainly seems to keep the pace up. Once this has broken in it could be rather good indeed. :)

Does anyone have any experience of Timberliner trains? How comfortable are they compared to Millenium Flyers?

Boss this. Ireland's first proper coaster is better than most British coasters. Well done to all involved.

This looks fantastic.

I'm very excited for woodies at the moment, particularly as I have Troy to look forward to in July, but I definitely want to arrange a trip to ride this!

Accoridng to this article the founder of Tayto Park already has more plans for the future. They would like to add a log flume, and aviary and some other smaller rides. Then they would like to open a dark ride in 2017. They can support all of this if they reach 900,000 visitors a year.

A log flume sounds a big risqué at the moment considering that Ireland doesn't have the best weather throughout the year. However a dark ride could be a great addition.

900K does sounds like a good target (albeit a bit ambitious) . It's the only proper park in Ireland and being close to Dublin (which has a population of over 500K) and the UK doesn't make it impossible.