• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Emerald Park (Formerly Tayto Park), Dublin: General Discussion

I'm not sure if this is a good thing. I think the parks identity seems to revolve around the crisp brand however as they've grown so much perhaps they deserve there own identity to represent the park itself.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing. I think the parks identity seems to revolve around the crisp brand however as they've grown so much perhaps they deserve there own identity to represent the park itself.

I agree, but the guy who decided to build the park sold his last stake in the crisp business in 2015, so the financial link between them hasn't been there for a while.

I agree, but the guy who decided to build the park sold his last stake in the crisp business in 2015, so the financial link between them hasn't been there for a while.
I was more getting at the identity of the park rather than the financial link. I think the park can continue to be successful but the transition needs to be marketed correctly.

€30m of the next 2 years sounds interesting

How much cash has this guy got!!
Well suppose owning the biggest crisp brand in Ireland for as long as his family did gives you quite a bit of cash. I imagine the park must be profitable too, or at least I'd hope so.

Ashbourne Visitor Centre (the park's owners) applied for a few trademarks back in December which point to the possibility of a rather more generic name

Screenshot-at-Feb-16-19-07-07.png

Ashbourne Visitor Centre (the park's owners) applied for a few trademarks back in December which point to the possibility of a rather more generic name

Screenshot-at-Feb-16-19-07-07.png
That's interesting, I'm not sure that any of those names particularly stand out, not sure if any will do as well as Tayto. The thing is surely they want there new name to stand out. It seems odd it's happening so suddenly.

That's interesting, I'm not sure that any of those names particularly stand out, not sure if any will do as well as Tayto. The thing is surely they want there new name to stand out. It seems odd it's happening so suddenly.
It’s likely that when he stole the final share to Intersnack a defined period for rights to the Tayto name was in place and he has been unable to negotiate a renewal at a reasonable price.

Good article about the park, the new Dino Dash family coaster which just opened and their future plans. However it's mentioned the Vekoma STC and Famerang combo have been delayed for a final time to 2024 now.

It does seem a bit strange that the name change is happening so suddenly, you’d have thought that with the knowledge that the Tayto name would have to be replaced they might have set themselves up for a transitional period a couple of years back by changing the name to something like Tayto Ashbourne Park to make it easier. Unless they’ve got something else in the works and have a different sponsor or licensing arrangement in place that they are keeping under wraps for now.

It does seem a bit strange that the name change is happening so suddenly, you’d have thought that with the knowledge that the Tayto name would have to be replaced they might have set themselves up for a transitional period a couple of years back by changing the name to something like Tayto Ashbourne Park to make it easier. Unless they’ve got something else in the works and have a different sponsor or licensing arrangement in place that they are keeping under wraps for now.

I assume they were trying to negotiate keeping Tayto for longer.

The park starts its first season as Emerald Park this Saturday. Two new Zamperla flat rides have been added to the kids area; and the Viking Voyage flume has received a 1.5 million technical upgrade & new boats to improve reliability and capacity.
MZSVHTHKU5HSJHYLUMHHPH6SQI.jpg

OMI65X4GSRAILOB2OU5T3HSE5M.jpg

Meanwhile work has started for the new themed area and Vekoma STC & Family Boomerang for 2024.
PUHM2B6MWREGTDPDWFLMA2SGD4.JPG

I will likely try and make a trip over once the Vekoma's have opened! Doesn't seem worth it at present but the expansion will add a lot to the park.

It's a quite a drab looking park isn't it looking at that aerial shot above. Definitely needs more colour and theming added.