• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Technical Help Topic

Rowe

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Matterhorn Blitz (with an Aperol Spritz!)
Here's a new topic, one for those technical illiterate to call for help from the wonderful technical wizards without having to awkwardly ask on social media (which is definitely how I'm feeling right now!).

- - -

I'm trying to connect my laptop (HP Pavilion g6, g series) to my Technika TV (22E21-FHD/DVD) via HDMI cable but neither will acknowledge each other, no matter how much I restart my laptop and swap around the cables in HDMI 1 and 2. I've checked the Screen Resolution option too and it doesn't show up there either when I look at the monitors.

Help me, oh-the-tech wizards, you're my only hopes.

Does your laptop have a button on the keyboard that looks like a screen? Or has a screen symbol on it? If so try hitting that along with Alt(?) and it should cycle through the display options for the laptop.

Basically you need to set it to either dual screen mode or to just show on the TV. If there's no keyboard shortcut it'll be in control panel but I can't remember where without going on my PC.

Hope it helps a bit :)

4463d682735d1cb300ce7e5032c9128e3dd4a553f5a2fc44273e07f8a3ae07bd.jpg

The obvious thing to check is whether or not your laptop's external output is switched on, as Scott said. After that, it goes beyond my abilities. :p

Actually, since this topic is here, mind if I jump in?

During last week's Joely Radio I spent about an hour faffing about with no luck trying to get the show to come out of my surround sound amp, rather than the PC speakers. They are on oposite sides of the front room, so simply connecting them with an audio cable is not really an option.

The amp has a "dlna" mode that lets it play mp3 files from any PC on our network, but not live streams. Is there a way to send a simple clone of what is going to my PC speakers, to the amp, via my router (both are connected with cat5 as they never move)?

Once it is connected:

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Display, then choose "Connect to an external display."

If you don't see a dual-monitor display near the top of your monitor screen, click "Detect" or check to make sure the monitor is connected properly.

you need to choose how the multiple displays will operate.

You've got four (really three) options:

"Duplicate these displays"
"Extend these displays"
"Show desktop only on 1"
"Show desktop only on 2"

Pick the setting most suited to you and job done.

Faceboooooooook said:
Been having issues on my phone with storage space for months now, but last night I transferred a lot of stuff from my phone's storage into the SD card. It's been working fine all day until I picked it up earlier and now it doesn't seem to exist. Tried it in different phones and different adapters, but nothing's working.
Looked online for solutions but they require the card to actually be recognised, which it isn't. Any other ideas or is everything gone forever now?

Hmmm... so it wont work in any other device? I can only assume that the card is bust or the files never actually got transferred in the first place, but Im no expert when it comes to stuff like this.