The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ash, 12th Jun 2012.

1. Ted

Ted TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Although the video is quite cool, it is seriously dangerous to do something like this.

2. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    That is seriously close to some of the rides, particularly Spinball and Oblivion. What a totally stupid thing to do. I wish he'd crashed it into a tree when flying it back outside of the park, would have served him right for being such an idiot. All it would take is a lapse in concentration or a mechanical issue and you have possible deaths.

:)

3. JonoD

JonoD TowersStreet Member

An incredibly dumb thing to do. Especially when rides are in operation and there are numerous people below. I know everyone's pretty much said it already, but it would only take one slip up for a collision to have taken place, and potentially endanger the lives of guests. I'm pretty sure this guy won't have public liability insurance either.

I know that he technically didn't enter the park and so on, but would Alton Towers have a legal leg to stand on if they wanted to take the pilot to court?

4. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    I'm pretty sure that Towers would be able to take anyone involved to court, as the actions taken had the risk of endangering the safety of guests in the park and on the rides.

5. Alastair

Alastair TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    The same guy did a similar thing at BPB earlier on this year, flying in and around the Big One. There's no doubt that the shots/angles are ridiculous, and it's probably the coolest thing I've ever seen - but he surely must know the dangers - especially flying so close to some coasters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8bOJDLnBjU#ws

6. BigDave

BigDave TowersStreet Member

It probably does look closer than it actually is, but thats not the main issue here. Several times the helicam preforms tight turns and harsh banking. It would only take one false move or some mechanical failure for that helicam to fall out of the sky and they are fairly large objects to sudden drop onto someones head. In addition, when you have people travelling at high speeds in exposed rides cars, then you increase the danger massively. This was a silly thing to do and is clearly for the owner/person who paid for this helicam, to show off.

7. Ben

Ben TS Founding Member

Favourite Ride:
    Your Dad
    Very dangerous, if this things power failed or he lost control of it there could be a huge amount of damage to people and the parks equipment.

I doubt he has liability insurance to be flying it in the park anyway, especially since he flew it from outside of the gates and clearly the park didn't know and wouldn't be happy about it.

But what can they do if its someone outside of the park? Chase it with a big net?

Lets just hope its a one-off.

8. BigDave

Fire their cloud seeding missiles at it???

9. Plastic Person

Plastic Person TowersStreet Member

I'm really torn between the knowledge of how stupid his actions were, whilst also secretly hoping he sends it up the other side of the park next.

Nonetheless, he needn't have startled those poor horses!

10. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    And the video has now been removed!

:)

11. JAMMYD778

JAMMYD778 TowersStreet Member

I honestly wouldn't know what on Earth towers could do in that situation.

12. JonoD

In a way, that's the big problem. The craft itself is unreachable, so it's not like Alton Towers security can just get a cherry picker and pluck it out of the sky. The only option Alton Towers really has in a case like this is to cease ride operation, and if it lingers possibly call the local authorities to try and search the area for the pilot.

13. Ben.

Ben. TowersStreet Member

Well his youtube channel is actually under his name, and in one video he shows us his car. He will be located on the PNDB, the park just has to mention it to Staffordshire police who will pass that onto whichever county he lives in. He could have the drone confiscated but would probably just get a warning.

14. delta79

delta79 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis, Air
    has any one that seen the original video looked at the re uploaded version. has any of the original video been removed?

15. JonoD

No idea, I can't see any kind of difference in the video.

The only other thing is that he's now removing comments that are opposing his filming...

EDIT: Seems like the disappearing comments was just a part of YouTube's error 500 derp up yesterday. all back now.

16. TPMC

TPMC TowersStreet Member

He is filming using gopro hero 3 ultra wide lens, which in fact IS actually closer than it looks.

17. Sazzle

Sazzle TS Administrator Team Member

But there is no doubt that the machinery in question was WAY too close to operating rides, regardless of the lense perspective.

Idiotic, sly and downright foolish.

Sent using Tapatalk

18. James

James TS Founding Member

A bit of a long shot. But if anyone has got copies of music for The Smiler and/or Nemesis:Sub-Terra and you're willing to share could you pop me a PM. I know Towers don't share this stuff out although I know a few enthusiasts manage to get hold of newer audio for personal keeping. I'm looking for newer audio to add to my collection of park audio.

19. Bubblegum

Bubblegum TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Wickerman
    Hey everyone, I'd just like to second this, I really would appreciate some audio from the newer attractions at Alton Towers that someone may have floating around, if you could drop me a PM that would be great, I love to expand my file of park audio and something newer would be great! Thanks

20. BigDave

The Smiler audio is about 70mins long and is not available online as far as Im aware, but if you search for IMAscore on youtube, they have a 5min or so version of it on there. From that you can just download the video using various bits of software and then convert it into a audio file.