• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Fantastical Express

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
The Fantastical Express is on its way if that's anything to go by on Towers' Faffbook page.

553304_10151085960331201_1108772150_n.jpg

It starts this week, and they haven't given much about it away. Ooooh. Aaaah.

I'm intrigued!! It's either an 'outreach' stunt to raise awareness of the resort, and it goes to various towns and cities purely for promotion purposes, or its an actual express bus to Alton Towers! Perhaps they're going to a give a bus full of people free transport and entry for a day if they're lucky enough to get on it?

Roll on Wednesday so we can find out more!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Perhaps it's both Saz?

I can see it being a 'place with the most likes' gets a visit from the bus which will be full of gifts and offers etc... But then maybe 20 people will win an express trip back?

Idk, but I'm enjoying the marketing teams summer events!

From TST News:
Today, Alton Towers's Official Facebook page was updated with this teaser image, encouraging fans to bring the "Fantastical Express" to their town, starting this week. This is seemingly a continuation of the Summer Of Escapes marketing campaign, started last week with the Instant Escape Week giveaways. It remains to be seen whether or not this will be an actual bus touring the country, or something else, but the picture claims it will be "starting this week!", and Alton Towers have stated that more information will be released Wednesday.

This style of all-summer marketing campaign is reminiscent of last year's successful All Time Greats awards, which saw punters encouraged to vote for their all time favourite Alton Towers rollercoaster, and had staff and guests alike demonstrating their support through badges, signs, and videos, culminating in a clear victory for Nemesis.

From the teaser image, however, it would seem that this campaign will be targeted far more away from the resort, presumably to advertise in regions further away with location-specific events, or perhaps offering transport to the resort itself.

What are your thoughts on Alton Towers's latest marketing venture? Join the speculation about all things Towers on our lively discussion forums! Here at TowersStreet we will strive to update you with the latest on the campaign as it is announced.

---

I am LOVING the sound of this, I hope it's as fun as All Time Greats was :D

At least it doesn't seem quite as desperate as randomly giving away a grand like a scratch-card.

Hey Alton! Why not spend all this money on fixing up and improving and dilapidated park and make people want to go to it that way?

I have nothing against proper television/radio/print advertising, but these sort of hi-jinks are a waste of money. Get your house in order before you go flogging it round the country.

I'm still in the camp that thinks these summer stunts are well worth the (small) cost considering they get people talking about the park and things spread virally... They might not hold a captive audience in terms of millions sat watching an ad during Corrie but they engage the audience who sees the campaign and I think that it makes everything far more, well, 'magical'

I just think it'll be the Pirates travelling over the UK but I do hope that it's something better. At least some of Alton's near future is promising.

They should of done this before the giveaways to tempt more people there though.

I do hope that this could involve happen as close to the Olympics as possible to drag some tourists in if they visit London. Nice to see Alton using the word "fantastical" again.

Alton Towers on Facebook said:
This summer, five towns and cities across the UK will be chosen for a special event... the Alton Towers Fantastical Express will be turning up to whisk away some lucky winners to a fantastical escape!

If you think your town or city particualarly deserves a visit from the Alton Towers Fantastical Express - we want to hear about it! YOU will help us decide where the Fantastical Express visits every week. Tell us now what’s so special about the place you live... or why it’s better than other towns nearby! If you’ve got any pictures or videos that show off your town, then we want to see them too! Post them on our Facebook page along with any comments you might have - the towns and cities that make the best impression are more likely to get chosen!

You can nominate your town right now by posting a message on our Facebook page, or by tweeting a message with the hashtag #fantasticalexpress

On Monday 23 July, we'll select the first lucky town - and if you live nearby then you’ll be able to enter our amazing competition to win tickets on the Fantastical Express! Once we choose the first destination, keep visiting our Facebook page for the latest updates and details on how to enter and secure a place for you and your friends or family!

http://www.altontowers.com/escape/

altontowers.com said:
This summer, 5 towns and cities across the UK will be chosen for a special event... the Alton Towers Fantastical Express will be turning up to whisk away some lucky winners to a fantastical escape!

Tell us why we should visit your town!
We know times are tough for everyone right now, so if you think your town or city particualarly deserves a visit from the Alton Towers Fantastical Express - we want to hear about it!

You can nominate your town by posting a message on our Facebook page, or by tweeting a message with the hashtag #fantasticalexpress

Win tickets on the Fantastical Express!
Every week for five weeks, we'll be choosing a lucky town for the Express to visit - and if we choose your town, you can enter our competition to win 4 tickets for you and your family or friends to enjoy a fantastical day's escape at Alton Towers Resort!

Help to bring the Alton Towers Fantastcal Express to your part of the UK... nominate your town or city on our Facebook page right now >

Biting social commentary from Alton Towers there. :p

I quite like this promotion, it actually has a bit of thought and sparkle in it which is nice. Though i did giggle at the times are hard comment.... Care to cut the price to get in then :D

But seriously this should be good, seems less tacky than some previous attempts at marketing over the last 5 years. Hopefully it will be as good as the Greatest Ride summer last year.

I like the idea :) I've already tweeted and Facebook spammed them telling them to get their bums to Norwich...

And people didn't think it was worth the cost of doing up an old bus? One day in and it's in the Blackburn local paper. A very clever ploy from Marketing.

Wolverhampton has been chosen as the first stop on the Alton Towers Resort’s Fantastical Express summer tour.... enter our competition now if you live near Wolverhampton and want to win Tickets and a place on the bus on Saturday...

580759_10151100801016201_1692008277_n.jpg

Hmm, seems a bit of a waste considering Wolverhampton is only an hour or so away from Alton already? You would have thought they'd have chosen places further away and harder to get to.

208900_10151115447921201_1920222471_n.jpg

It seems the winners are invited to the Towers on Saturdays after the express has visited them. The second town is set to be announced later today, so get voting.