• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Fried Chicken Co.

Bethany

TS Member
Last time I visited Towers (26th OCtober) and the time before that (sometime in July) I went to the Fried Chicken Co. for lunch/tea.
Strangely enough, both times I went there, it has made me feel incredibly unwell.

On the visit in July, I went to TFCC for lunch. We walked to the Dark Forest to go on Rita and I felt like I was going to barf EVERYWHERE. I ran to the toilets and did just that. It wasn't nice.

Last time I went, in October, it was pitch black and I had tea there. We walked to TH13TEEN and I was fine. Only when I got near the station that I started to feel uneasy. I sat in the train, and I went into that mode when you don't want to move, talk or breathe because you feel so incredibly sick. I managed to not throw up, ran to the toilets near X-Sector and, well, I will stop there.

Just wondering if any of you guys had any similar experiences?

Sorry for rambling on about throwing up.
-Beth.

I've only ever been once, but for all of us the food was great? As good, if not better than KFC and no sickness?

I don't think you can really pin it on Alton Towers as much. Food poisoning from my knowledge and experiencing it myself takes at least a couple of hours to develop. That's not saying it was even that though.

It could have been something you ate in the past 24 hours or infact nerves. I always go on Oblivion but still to this day I still get nerves and a sicky feeling even though I know what to expect.

I've never had a problem with food outlets at the Theme park whilst Ive been there and that's in all honesty.

Alex. said:
Hmm, you may want to notify Alton towers and tell them as it may be hygine issuse ect...
Given that one trip was in July, and one in October, and (as far as I'm aware) these are fairly isolated incidents (i.e. there aren't many/any other TST members making similar complaints), seems unlikely the two incidents were connected, and therefore seems unlikely there's an underlying "hygine issuse".

Do you have any allergies that you know of?
If not, then you could be allergic to an ingredient.

Did you order the same meal or a similar sort on your visits?

I think the food at Fried Chicken has improved, but its still one of those places where I think twice before going. The staff are always rude and I still think its overly priced. The choice of meals is also fairly poor especially if you want boneless chicken.

Longy said:
Do you have any allergies that you know of?
If not, then you could be allergic to an ingredient.

Did you order the same meal or a similar sort on your visits?

Back in July, I got a medium chicken meal, but in October I just got some fries.
Could it be the fat they fry everything in?

Maybe you could be allergic to a particular ingredient or something that they use?

Perhaps it might be psychological? Think your going to be ill, so get all worked up, I dont think rides help this condition.

or perhaps your stomach doesn't agree with the fat they use and the rides?

I've been a couple of times and have been fine,

Regardless, best way to not get ill, don't buy food from the place, your body just doesn't seem to agree with it.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

BigDave said:
I think the food at Fried Chicken has improved, but its still one of those places where I think twice before going. The staff are always rude and I still think its overly priced. The choice of meals is also fairly poor especially if you want boneless chicken.

I agree, the staff are usually very rude and not bothered about the customers at all.

Bearing in mind I went in Feb H/T when it was just open, I didn't have a bad reaction. (50% of the time KFC is known to have an 8 hour time delay before I shed my entire guts out of the bomb bay doors.) Maybe it is more you, or you just got a bad batch?

We went in Feb and we never ate there again. Practically just KFC but with a different name. I prefer eating at Woodcutters, Courtyard Tavern or Explorers!

ThemeParkJack said:
We went in Feb and we never ate there again. Practically just KFC but with a different name.
So it does exactly what it's meant to do then? What were you expecting to be different? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

The quality of the chicken is worse than KFC. Frequently much too dry.

I wasn't offered the win your meal thing even though the buttons were there etc. Do you have to ask now or something?

Tom said:
I wasn't offered the win your meal thing even though the buttons were there etc. Do you have to ask now or something?

You're not meant to ask, but as I said before some of the staff are either just not bothered enough or are just too forgetful to ask about the win your meal free, even though it is advertised everywhere around fried chicken and there is a big red button in front of them.

Aww poor slating of chicken co.

I've had no issues with it - the food has been fine for me and I particularly prefer the chips and the sauce the chicken comes with.

Always been offered to play the game as well, and won in October. Maybe you just have to seem interested in it?!

We made a comment about all the numbers displaying 69 and nothing was sort of said back so they probably didn't want to ruin their little joke. Staff at food outlets are a disgrace in the twilight hours of Scarefest - which is when this was. They all seem to have a huge problem with working longer hours and display a bad attitude. I noticed this at four separate outlets on Halloween itself.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

I think a big issue with Scarefest is they lose a lot of staff at the beginning of October as people get alternative emoyment before their contracts end so they have to fill up with agency and 2 week contracts. Therefore the service is always a bit crummy, it's been like that for years.