• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The gardens

josht

TS Member
Favourite Ride
bandit (movie park)
After Walking through the gardens and seeing the landscape has been subjected to a lot off rope fencing personally I was thinking the landscape should be protected even though it could be over safety and would like to hear other people opinions

Well the gardens themselves are listed, so I wouldn't worry about anything negative happening to them - they are regularly conserved :)

I'd quite like to see the gardens utilised more though - with something in there to draw people into them and make them a bit more lively. Not so much that they stop being tranquil and an escape from the rest of the park, but something that makes them more used. No idea what though!

Open up the Swiss cottage as a cafe along with the conservatories.. It would pull in so much money (If people could find it)..

i would be really nice if one of the buildings was done up an avalible to sleep in when you visit

Stevie said:
Open up the Swiss cottage as a cafe along with the conservatories.. It would pull in so much money (If people could find it)..

This would be a great idea - the tranquility of the gardens would be the perfect attraction for older people that don't necessarily want to trail all around the park all day after their grandkids.

I enjoy visiting the Gardens (when I'm not using it as a shortcut to Forbidden Valley) and, like the Towers complex, I'm surprised just how much is situated within that valley; It would take up an awful lot of time to see everything possible from the Earl's bust to King Ina's Rock. It should be utilised more and not just with ropes, like some sort of small event or at least reopening the Swiss Cottage to the public as a cafe or another temporary eatery, though I think tours should be avoided for perhaps boards explaining the features within the gardens i.e. Pagoda.

I know this is an old topic, but it's the most appropriate for my post!

I walked through the Gardens on Sunday evening and came across this token of love, and thought it worth sharing with you all;

SAM_0646-copy-r50.jpg

There's a few more viewable by clicking here. I managed to take a fair few more photos, too, which I'll post shortly.

T said:
I know this is an old topic, but it's the most appropriate for my post!

I walked through the Gardens on Sunday evening and came across this token of love, and thought it worth sharing with you all;

SAM_0646-copy-r50.jpg

There's a few more viewable by clicking here. I managed to take a fair few more photos, too, which I'll post shortly.
This is a rather nice, and hopefully it doesn't get vandalised are removed.

Its nice BUT..... imagine hundreds of people did it - would we want to see the gardens full of padlocks stuck to everything!!!!!

It would be great if they had a space dedicated for it.

But yes, I think it would be nice if there were lots. Maybe I'm just coming over all soft but I think it's rather sweet.

TheMan said:
Right now I want to smash love in the face with an axe

Off topic but it's not love if it makes you want to smash it in the face. It's something else masquerading as love. Hard to tell the difference sometimes though.

Aw, that's dead cute! Wonder if it was the same guy who proposed on Blivvy a few weeks back...

Reminds me of a bridge, close to Notre Dame, where there are literally hundreds of these padlocks with lovers' names in. A sweet sentiment and it suits the atmosphere, hope to see more!