• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Great Skyline Game (Final Results)

Now you've done it. We're doomed. Next week: These parks aren't on RCDB and the colours have been removed on all but the middle coaster. Good luck.

Good evening!

Apparently it's @Sir Queer Llama's birthday and he thinks that's a reasonable excuse for not posting the results and the next round. Not good enough really, words shall be had. Aaanyway, the answers for this devious round of defunct roller coasters were in fact...

Skyline 1 - Alton Towers
Skyline 2 - Walibi Belgium
Skyline 3 - Efteling
Skyline 4 - Parque de Attacciones de Madrid (with the questionably colourful Katapult)
Skyline 5 - Drievliet

With @Poisson being first past the post this week, nabbing a bonus 5 points, the scoreboard looks like this:

1. @Poisson - 35
2. @John - 30
= @Tim - 30
= @MattyH - 30
= @ThisGuy - 30
3. @Rob - 25
4. @Brad97 - 20

The same scoring applies yet again this week. And talking of which, you lot have joked about us doing this before, so we thought "why not?" This week, every coaster in the park has the same height - the mean average height for all coasters in each respective park in fact. They're also arranged in a completely random order. And if that wasn't hard enough, this is the first week that we're not narrowing it down to any particular location - yes in this round they could be anywhere in the world!

Week 9 - AVERAGE HEIGHTS

Skyline No. 1
Skyline 1.png

Skyline No. 2
Skyline 2.png

Skyline No. 3
Skyline 3.png

Skyline No. 4
Skyline 4.png

Skyline No. 5
Skyline 5.png

As always, here is your form! You've got until 23.59 on Thursday to submit your answers. :D

I've just received a message from Google asking about my usage and why I need 2378 tabs of RCDB open, but I've done it. That was, particularly #3, horrendous.

Well I've submitted some answers. Now to wait and find out how wrong/right I was.

I'm waiting for "You all got #3 wrong, it was unknown park in Guangdong Province that opened last week and isn't on RCDB or any other sources"

Well that wasn't quite as bad as I expected. And pleased I got skyline 3 with relative ease thanks to a method which I did not use for the other ones! ;)

Don't say it's easy, don't make them even more vengeful. This already wanted to make me cry whist somehow being enjoyable in some weird way.

Well... It would seem we possibly took it too far last week with only 4 of you taking part, so some answers.

Skyline 1 - World's of Fun
Skyline 2 - Nickelodeon Universe Minesota
Skyline 3 - Holiday Park
Skyline 4 - Parque de la Costa
Skyline 5 - Chimelong Paradise

So there it was, that was that. The scores for the week are as follows:

1. @Rob - 25pts
2. @Poisson - 24pts
3. @John - 20pts
= @MattyH - 20pts

Anyway, moving swiftly on, because last week wasn't hard enough this week we are going to change it even more. So first of all, we haven't changed the scoring in a while, so we are removing slow and steady wins the race so there's no need to worry about wrong answers before midnight. However let me introduce 'Time Stress'. For this, you will be deducted 2 points off your score for every player that submits their answers before you. Thus if you are third to submit... That will be -4 points from your overall total! Though we will be generous, it will for this week, be 5 points per correct answer ALL WEEK, until the usual finish time of 23:59 on Thursday.

Secondly, we are changing the game totally... Well, fairly. So this week each Skyline is made up of three parks and we are not asking you to name the parks, we want to know the city that they represent! Let me explain, the three parks in each Skyline are no more than 50miles each, as the crow flies from one particular city, now this could be in various directions, so use your best judgement. So for example, if you thought the parks were Thorpe Park, Chessington & Adventure Island, the city would of course be London! Each park in the skyline is separated by a slightly larger gap... Though I'm sure thats fairly self explanatory.

So the very best of luck to you all, your city skylines are as follows:

City No. 1
City 1.png

City No. 2
City 2.png

City No. 3
City 3.png

City No. 4
City 4.png

City No. 5
City 5.png

Here is the form. Answers in it PLEASE!

I suspected number 5 was Chimelong Paradise. Should of taken a punt but I only found it last night and thought one of the rides was a different colour.

Think I could of found them if I'd had time... this week though, no idea :eek:

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you didn't just dream #2? There's a lot going on with that 4th coaster and not a lot of height to do it in.

EDIT: nevermind, I got it

Last edited:
Found 5 that matched, slapped them in. You've worn me down until I cannot face the orange headered demon any more, my eyes burnt with the letters RCDB burnt in to them.