• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Haunted House opening day

I visited in opening year and it was extremely terrifying as I was only six or seven years old. It was an extremely intimidating experience queuing in the woods with the atmospheric music playing loudly.

The pictures in the house and the other queue line effects were far more frightening than the ride itself - which was still scary.

20 years later it is still strong in my memory how atmospheric the original ride was, and is one of John Wardley's finest moments.

I actually went on the day Katanga Kanyon and Gloomy Wood were launched.

Basically, you weren't allowed into those areas of the park until something like 2pm. That said, eventually, they let people feed in, and I recall being quite close to the Haunted House whilst Phillip Schofield declared it open.

After that, the heavens opened and it poured and poured. I have video footage somewhere.