• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Hotels: A Journey

Just in the Alton Towers Hotel listening to quality music such as Baby Shark... I joked the next track would be Black Lace, something like Agadoo or Superman, and then Superman actually comes on šŸ¤£

What is it Butlins? The 1970's.....Jesus.

Just booked an overnight stay at ATH - birthday treat for my eldest during scarefest. My bank account is in a state of shock and Iā€™m nervous about the breakfast. Came to over Ā£300 through Merlin Holiday Club, I booked water park tickets for 4 so that added to the cost, but still for one night - yikes. Then when you think people without passes will have to pay park entry on top. Itā€™s very expensive to stay on site during peak times. The waterpark imo is fairly reasonable especially with pass discount, but this is one of the most expensive hotel stays Iā€™ve booked. Itā€™s nearly half of what 2 nights at The Efteling Hotel has cost us and that includes park entry over 3 days, breakfast and pool access.

I did get a whopping Ā£2.40 cashback through Quidco though.

Just back from Chessington Safari Hotel and I have to say the issues at Alton are not exclusive to there. We encountered some appalling service, including being charged twice for our room with no apology. The rooms are extraordinarily dark now theyā€™ve applied the vinyls to the windows to hide the terrible view, cleanliness was very poor and they didnā€™t even have bedside tables.

However, all that said, the breakfast was actually okay. I may be conditioned to the terrible quality in Alton, but the Chessington breakfast included black pudding, omelettes, decent coffee, flavourful mushrooms and edible sausages. I was both pleasantly surprised and equally perturbed at how clearly Merin can deliver acceptable breakfasts but have chosen not to in the Towers hotels.

Just booked an overnight stay at ATH - birthday treat for my eldest during scarefest. My bank account is in a state of shock and Iā€™m nervous about the breakfast. Came to over Ā£300 through Merlin Holiday Club, I booked water park tickets for 4 so that added to the cost, but still for one night - yikes. Then when you think people without passes will have to pay park entry on top. Itā€™s very expensive to stay on site during peak times. The waterpark imo is fairly reasonable especially with pass discount, but this is one of the most expensive hotel stays Iā€™ve booked. Itā€™s nearly half of what 2 nights at The Efteling Hotel has cost us and that includes park entry over 3 days, breakfast and pool access.

I did get a whopping Ā£2.40 cashback through Quidco though.

I got an entire holiday to Poland for just over Ā£300, including a day at Legendia, half a day at Zatorland and a day and a half at Energylandia and all the extras you had to buy for Covid

I got an entire holiday to Poland for just over Ā£300, including a day at Legendia, half a day at Zatorland and a day and a half at Energylandia and all the extras you had to buy for Covid
Yes but you did have to stay in a wooden shed...

Or I could spend a shed load and have a stay in a shed where you don't even get a toilet at Towers
2 nights at EL - Ā£30 for 2 days access to the park and Ā£100 for 2 nights in Zator close to the park - end of November - so Ā£160 for 2 days.nights - flights were less than Ā£100 so total of Ā£260 to go to Poland minus transfer costs - probably cost me Ā£30 from Manchester to AT and back

Do the hotel restaurants accept the MAP discount?
Quick additional tip to make sure you let them know you have a MAP and hand it over when asking for the bill, not once it arrives. Otherwise you'll be waiting again while they rework it, then again to wait to pay :)

Quick additional tip to make sure you let them know you have a MAP and hand it over when asking for the bill, not once it arrives. Otherwise you'll be waiting again while they rework it, then again to wait to pay :)
Thanks Craig, I was asking for a friend who's not been to Towers for years. I've passed it on to them. šŸ™‚

16653088680650.jpg

At the Dragon Bar yesterday the sign behind the bar was encouraging people to leave a TripAdvisor review. They should be careful what they wish for!

AT management place a lot of emphasis/importance on Trip Advisor reviewsā€¦

Be honestā€¦

It's not just me who finds it incredibly tacky to be begging for reviews from guests on a big screen while you're still on your stay is it? It's not my idea of escapism to be reminded to chuck a review up when I've not even finished my stay.

Not sure why they ask this when for the past few years the reviews have been really poor particularly around room cleanliness and food quality in the hotels but nothing changes