• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The "I feel a bit MEH" topic

Dar

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Taron
I know we have a happy topic and a down topic, but we don't have (that a quick search picked up) an in the middle topic. For those times you're not quite sad but, at the same time, not exactly happy.

I'll start:
I feel a bit meh.

I should be happy, I am happy, I've moved into a much better house, with the other half and a uni friend, that is actually suitable. I'm getting on well at uni with good grades, I'm on course for at least an upper 2:1, if not a lower first.

But, I'm not happy. I have little disposable income, a strong desire to get away on holiday to theme parks, few local friends and the local job market is not very well suited to a student looking for a part-time job that doesn't include the word "flexible" in the hours section.

On balance, I'm neither happy nor sad, just in the middle, a bit meh.

Over to you, what's making you feel a bit meh?

:)

Someone setting the fire alarm off, I'm annoyed, tired but I'm not down and i'm not happy, i'm feeling just Meh oh and to make it worse my room has the ever so slight smell of burnt bacon.

turned up at work today with a headache, only to see a reminder that we has a fire drill logged for today. doing a floor sweep in a building with the fire alarm going on with a headache is fun.

And the funny look from others as I walked around during the drill with ear defenders on :)

Don't really know how I am feeling, I am however giggling at this topic!

Nice one Dar ;D

Oh, my new dogs playing up, and my remix lost out to what frankly is a bit of a crap one, so there's some "meh" for you.

I have to travel to Birmingham in the morning to pick a vehicle up from regional hub. then drive it all the way back to welsh borders.

Im feeling a bit meh because I played well in the rugby match I had to, but then had to come off because I got a "small" nosebleed after smashing into someone running rather fast. :/

I'm currently dealing with a combination of euphoria (that is, ideas) and anxiety (that is, accomplishing those ideas) that is making me feel very confused about what it is I'm doing and how I *should* be feeling. I personally blame The Twilight Zone.

No Job, no social life. Life feels like its stopped moving since I've been out of work as I can't afford to do anything. I'm content but would like things to start moving forward again. The lady friend I met on Plenty Of Fish didn't reciprocate the same feelings I had for her, although I've gained a friend and am happy for her as she's found someone she likes but a part of me is still kinda upset but I'll keep looking.

I've got a school performance tonight, and even though I enjoy it once I get into it, I'm absolutely terrified, and really tired from all the rehearsals they made us do!
I've had my favourite lessons today which I've been looking forward too, but in each lesson bar 1 we had a supply teacher, probably because of the teacher strike.

Kinda feel meh today getting picked on used to upset me but know its expected as ive stopped caring its more upsetting that a dinner lady give more of a Poop than the bleeding teachers who have a policy of no bullying but don't back it up what so ever

"no bullying", "0 tolerance" it's all a joke, I was bullied throughout my school years, from reception all the way through to leaving 6th form, chin up and concentrate on getting good grades at school.

Re: The "I feel a bit MEH" topic

I'm currently on a break at work, way too early imo. I want my bed. I'm sleepy...

Zzzzzzz.

The voluntary sector has more egos than a premier league football club!!

Why do people use it to further their own personal agendas?

I am pretty much through with it. Excuse for over inflated egos to yield power over others. They failed at proper business because they don't understand empowerment, motivation, and team building.

Makes me even MORE annoyed I had to give up my own businesses!

I am an holiday, and have nothing to do. But as I am not working, my brain is starting to think about the world, the universe and life in general in immense detail. For example:

Brain: Oh hi! ;D Have you realized that everything you know and love might be a lie?
Me: Shut up brain :mad:. Even if that is true there is nothing I can do about it.
Brain: But what if everything is a dream? What if the government is manipulating everyone's lives and spying on everyone, and your mind is actually technically not your own?

Etc.

So I feel a bit meh. If that is even the right way to describe it.

^ My brain does that a lot. Brains actually do this naturally as your brain spends quite a lot of its time making up perfect scenarios of things or thinking up paranoid things like that. Although the brain isn't very well understood scientist know that this is a natural thing. :)

My anxiety is playing up tonight. Making me feel crap.

But...I'm in a Skype call with lots of lovely TSTers. Which makes me happy.

Therefore I just feel a bit meh, with a racing heart and funny breathing. Better than feeling down though. Thanks guys.

Amy said:
My anxiety is playing up tonight. Making me feel crap.

But...I'm in a Skype call with lots of lovely TSTers. Which makes me happy.

Therefore I just feel a bit meh, with a racing heart and funny breathing. Better than feeling down though. Thanks guys.

I get this a lot :/
I still haven't worked out what the trigger is. It usually happens when I otherwise feel fine!