• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Inbetweeners Movie 2

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
After raking in £45 million at the Box Office with the original movie, and far too many rumours to count, a sequel has been confirmed for The Inbetweeners Movie.

Plans for a movie sequel to The Inbetweeners have been confirmed by the sitcom's co-creator Damian Beesley.

Speaking to The Sun, he said: "I don't want to give too much away at this stage but yes, we have been developing an idea for a sequel.

"We miss working with Simon, Joe, James and even Blake too much not to give it a go."

But he said they wanted "to make sure that we can do justice to a follow-up" before taking it further.

The Inbetweeners Movie was released last year and took a reported £45m at the box office.

And The Sun claims that while the four main stars of the show and movie were paid £500k each for the first film, they can expect to get £2.5m apiece for the sequel.

A source was quoted as saying: "The Inbetweeners took off like a rocket, far beyond many expectations.

"The budget was low and no one got shedloads of money up front so understandably everyone wants to cash in the second time round."

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/the-inbetween ... -confirmed

Hmm, I love the Inbetweeners. Although honestly, this has got disaster written all over it.

The Inbetweeners was left on a good note. It was a good film and a great way to 'end' the franchise. It left the audience sad to see it end yet happy with the great way it had finished.

Creating another film adds more of a risk to the franchise. They could make this film, then another, or create another series - then this will in the end leave the franchise like the state Skins is in.

The series was good, as was the film. A second film? I'm struggling to see a possible plot in my head, and I don't think it should happen - as James has pointed out, the film ended the whole thing so well.

Interesting, it's hard to think of where they could possibly take this now without it going a little 'American Pie' i.e not knowing where to stop and ruining it. First film was ok but it didn't leave me gagging for another.

I wasn't a big fan of the TV show, but I love the film. If they can match the quality this could be a good thing, though it sounds more like a cash in than anything else.

I'm very happy about this! Been following rumours about new series' or movies for a while and am glad it's happening.

The show had a good 1 or 2 seasons left in it before it ended and I think the movie was great. A possible plot could be the first summer after Uni or something like that... Not necessarily a holiday again but just a plot involving the summer break.

I genuinely think this will be good rather than a pile of crap.

Well as usual, I don't believe anything I read from that newspaper, but this franchiose needs to be retired now. A good comedy knows when to stop and leave people wanting more before it becomes a caricature of itself. The characters are also not getting any younger, so unless it's going to be set a few years on, I don't think they can continue to play people ten years younger than them forever.

Understand the pessimism, but I thought The Hangover couldn't have a decent sequel and was wrong.

If they do it right they can do it well. If it happens I'll go and see it and so will many others. The franchise is worth nothing anyway if they don't do something to make money out of it, so why wouldn't they or shouldn't they give it a go?

It's isn't really needed since it all got wrapped up really in the film.

Did they ever go to a music festival in any episode? That would be a possible idea that could work for a feature length film.

pluk said:
Understand the pessimism, but I thought The Hangover couldn't have a decent sequel and was wrong.
No you weren't. ;) Being nominated for Golden Raspberries in 'worst sequel', 'worst remake' and 'worst rip-off' takes a special kind of terrible. :p

Hangover 2 was a poor remake of the first film.

I bet Inbetweeners 2 is just like Hangover 2, a crap, rushed film that's pretty much a remake of a film that didn't need a sequel or a remake.

Blaze said:
Hangover 2 was a poor remake of the first film.

Haha, I knew someone would say that! It wasn't ground breaking or clever or original. Thing is though, it made me laugh. And everyone in the same cinema as me.

Keep in mind a budget of $80m, a little quote from wikipedia

The Hangover Part II has grossed $254,464,305 in the US and Canada, and $327,000,000 elsewhere, for a worldwide gross of $581,464,305. On its opening weekend, it earned $177.8 million, which was the highest-grossing worldwide opening for a comedy film, taking the record from The Simpsons Movie ($170.9 million). On the weekend of June 17–19, 2011, it out-grossed its predecessor in worldwide earnings to become the highest-grossing R-rated comedy of all time.

I bet they are kicking themselves for 'damaging the brand'!!
If I owned The Inbetweeners I'd give a squeal a go!