• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Nintendo Topic

Stelios

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
For any game on any Nintendo console? Got a 3DS/Wii? Share your details here. Still the 1 in 5 families not to have a Wii in the UK and wondering whether to get one or not? Ask here! Excited/worried for the Wii U? Will Nintendo pull a SEGA and drop out if the Wii U flops for being too early?

Discuss anything Nintendo here.

Nintendo: Having the world's 2nd best video game mascot since 1991

;)

screenshot20120807at015.png

Casually trolling Pokemon fanboys with a Mudkeep on Omegle with FatherJohn like a boss.

The Nintendo 64 was awesome. Mine is still set up unde rmy TV (but not used for about a year).

Stelios said:

Casually trolling Pokemon fanboys with a Mudkeep on Omegle with FatherJohn like a boss.
[/quote]

*Mudkip ;)

Well, since Pokemon first came out I was playing on my purple Game Boy (which is now missing not out of my own accord) pretty much everyday and everywhere I could take it! Used to hide under my pillows, in my primary school desk, anywhere possible so it wasn't confiscated. There was also my brother's Advance and the other Advance before the Nintendo Wii and DS came in.

I haven't really played on any of the consoles in a long time, mainly because some are lost alongside the games, but let's just say the Nintendo shaped my interest in gaming next to the Playstation :P

Rowe said:
Stelios said:

[/quote]

*Mudkip ;)

Well, since Pokemon first came out I was playing on my purple Game Boy (which is now missing not out of my own accord) pretty much everyday and everywhere I could take it! Used to hide under my pillows, in my primary school desk, anywhere possible so it wasn't confiscated. There was also my brother's Advance and the other Advance before the Nintendo Wii and DS came in.

I haven't really played on any of the consoles in a long time, mainly because some are lost alongside the games, but let's just say the Nintendo shaped my interest in gaming next to the Playstation :P
[/quote]

Oh I'm obsessed with Mudkipz I made a interactive comic from them as a child where I took photos of them. And I called the main guy Mudkeep and that was the bobblehead Mudkip. Yeah. I'm that sad. So Rowe, i herd u leik Mudkipz?

Eddie said:

;)

Exactly, we all know that Master Chief is the best mascot.

Eddie said:
Father John 2.0 said:
Eddie said:

;)

Exactly, we all know that Master Chief is the worst mascot.

Fixed that for you ;)

no-meme-rage-face.jpg

He's an incredibly recognisable face in the gaming world, and not to mention he kicks more ass than Sonic ;)

Danny said:
He's an incredibly recognisable face in the gaming world

That's impressive given that we've never seen his face :p

Sorry I couldn't resist. I love playing Halo but for all the games good points a great and memorable protagonist is not one of them.

Anyway Nintendo... I've never owned one of their consoles but I love the handhelds and their games are great. Not much more I can say really.

Nintendo... It's all about Pokemon!

From the original games, to the original episodes, Pokemon is amazing!

I still have a purple Gameboy (It's not Rowe's... Honest!) which I use from time to time, with Gold and Blue, the best Pokemon games to ever exist!

In fact, I think that they're the best retro games, with Crash Bandicoot, ever!

Bravo to Nintendo on a superd console!
If only they made them like that today...

Just bring my Banjo-Kazooie back to Wii U and they will be one of the greatest mascots once again!

An entire thread of Nintendo, and not a single mention of this fella.

ss3.jpg

The plumber was replaced as Nintendo's seminal character, by a certain superhero at around the time that the game voted as one of the best of all time was released.

Ocarina of Time.

N64, and Nintendo's greatest moment.

Though "Gamerankings" presently has Super Mario Galaxy, just edging out Ocarina of Time by the smallest of margins, followed by Galaxy 2!!

That's tripe!! Galaxy is a great game, but no where near compares to Ocarina!

The consoles/games and series have never been the same since IMHO.

And despite the protestations I have come across, the 3DS version is not sacrilegious, I think it's awesome - and that's from a true Zelda fanboy.

If you have not played Ocarina of Time, you do not fully know Nintendo. It's widely regarded as the greatest game of all time.

And deservedly so, I've never played a game since, that has felt more complete. The only one I have ever played as much since, is Uncharted 3 online - which is, admittedly, brilliant.

TheMan said:
Though "Gamerankings" presently has Super Mario Galaxy, just edging out Ocarina of Time by the smallest of margins, followed by Galaxy 2!!

Galaxy 2 is dire compared to the original, lazy story, rehashed levels, the overrated Yoshi, lack of Rosalina thus a less inferior hub, rushed overall, poor variety music and the game holds your hand too much. OoT gets slightly more than Galaxy but it's a disgrace that Skyward Sword isn't there as even OoT had some control issues.

Lazy story? Mario games aren't about stories, they're about completing puzzles in new environments. Galaxy 2 was a perfect continuation of the first and explored new ways to control the "galaxy" environment. It never needed to be anything more

Can't believe I've never posted in this topic before! :eek:

The Nintendo 64 pretty much sums up my entire childhood (despite being a '00's kid). However, if I wasn't to be found glued to my TV screen then I'd be onto my Gameboy.
Ocarina of Time was the first game I ever completed. Several times over. We all know that the most intense moment in history was running to see if you could cross Hyrule Field and reach the castle gates before they closed for the night. It was damn creepy having to run back!
Another game I'm very fond of is Banjo-Kazooie. I've completed all the worlds in each file, except for one damned jigsaw piece in Rusty Bucket Bay.
Other games that I would spend my time on include Mario 64, Rayman, South Park, Star Fox snd Pokémon. I recently downloaded the Mario 64 version for the DS, but it just doesn't feel the same.

I am yet to play Galaxy, so can't really compare them against other games. Would it be worth trying to it hunt down and play some time?:)

Georgiaa said:
I am yet to play Galaxy, so can't really compare them against other games. Would it be worth trying to it hunt down and play some time?:)

Yes Georgia it would! I'd say that the first Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3D Mario game. Not played the 2nd one but It looks just as good! =) Remember, this is coming from a Sonic fan =P

Dogmaniac said:
Love Nintendo for the one reson that they have pokemon and Raving Rabidz but ye still prefer the handhelds.

You do know Raving Rabbids is made by Ubisoft right?