• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Pixar Topic

Stelios

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
A topic to discuss anything Pixar. Have you seen Pixars films? What is your favourite? Will you see the latest flick Brave?

Spawned by the recent confirmation of Finding Nemo 2 and Toy Story 4. I think both of these weren't needed currently, at least Monsters Inc. 2 fills a plothole. But nonetheless I'll whole-heartedly look forward to them.

Enjoy.
tumblr_lxnz5mqjql1r5v5jco1_500.png

True story.

See, I don't think that Toy Story 4 will be going ahead. Toy Story 3 ended too well for there to be another film, in my opinion. Finding Nemo 2, on the other hand, sounds like it could be brilliant. :)

I admire Pixar, they're one of the greatest film companies with a brilliant working ethos and focus on the fun of the film they're animating. Whilst their success is overwhelming, bar lack of Academy Awards, it's admittedly good to see that they've experienced pitfalls i.e. Cars due to their success (and tons of merch). It rather helps that Pixar is ingrained in our post 90s brains as a childhood treasure.

I'm really hoping I get to see Brave once it's released whenever in August (damn US and Australia early release dates!) since Pixar have never traipsed into mythos territory before nor have they had a full on female protagonist. Woo Merida!

I have enjoyed all Pixar films but my particular favourites include Toy Story 1, 2 and 3, Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc. :D They are a brilliant company that produce some great movies.

And along with Rowe, I'm looking forward to seeing Brave once it is released here in the UK. :)

I thought they said Toy Story was finished? They can't do another one, it would be milking it. The last one was made to end it, and was a perfect send off. Not only in the direction, but in the story and the simple fact that it made me and everyone else in the theatre cry.

Not sure how Nemo 2 would work. He can't go missing again.Can he?

I heard a concept for Finding Nemo 2 a while back, which involved Marlin going missing and Nemo trying to find him. Not sure if it would work, though.

Jonathan said:
I heard a concept for Finding Nemo 2 a while back, which involved Marlin going missing and Nemo trying to find him. Not sure if it would work, though.

It's not gonna be Finding Nemo then! :p

I wouldn't mind seeing a second Finding Nemo movie, but a 4th Toy Story movie shouldn't happen, it can't! the 3rd movie was made to end a fantastic trilogy and a 4th would ruin it. I would love to see a 2nd Incredibles movie or a 2nd Bug's Life movie however.

Everybody needs to stop panicking over sequels! There is no confirmation that Toy Story 4 will happen and it's been pretty much debunked by the Pixar bods! It's just something minor that Tom Hanks said that's been blown a little bit out of proportion. Finding Nemo meanwhile has been reported as being given a sequel with Andrew Stanton returning as director by various sources yet he's tweeted 'Don't believe everything you read'.

Whilst the most I believe Pixar would do is create short films of Toy Story and Finding Nemo as follow ups, I genuinely don't believe they would go forth to make full on films again. Perhaps not yet but seriously just calm down and remember that whilst a film or its series is popular that doesn't necessarily mean more sequels would turn out good. If above anything, whilst Pixar does very well with success, Pixar should be creating brand new and original features that don't focus on already well known characters.

Fleshing out backstories, i.e. Monsters, is great but wouldn't any of you find it a bit much if Pixar were to just focus on the things that made them successful in the first place and abandon imagination into other universes?

I like Pixar, not very hopeful over Brave.
I think Finding Nemo 2: Find Harder will be a good film.
Not looking forward to the new Monster's Inc film either.

Though, I shouldn't say this as i'd love to work at Pixar :p

Up is probably my favourite animated film of all time - even better than The Lion King. The opening montage, showing Carl and Ellie getting married and growing old together, is one of the most beautiful scenes ever put to film. It's perfect - without saying so much as a word, you get to know these two characters so well. You laugh and cry within such a short space of time. Seeing Carl walking into his house alone after Ellie's funeral still breaks my heart after multiple viewings. I can even feel tears coming to my eyes just thinking about it.

The rest of the film is the perfect feel good film, with the adorable Russell being a brilliantly funny and realistic kid. Having his parents divorced adds a different depth to the perfect kids usually featured in Disney films. And Dug is also the most realistic Golden Retriever seen on film. In too many films they are shown as bright and intelligent. Up shows them for what they really are - nice but dim.

I haven't heard good things about Brave, unfortunately, but I love the look of the Monsters Inc prequel. Got a feeling that will be brilliant!

I would love to see a sequel to The Incredibles. I just feel that the end of the film did not conclude the story.

^Agreed. The way that The Incredibles ended says to me that a sequel is definitely possible, and I hope that it happens. :)

I think The Incredibles is certainly the Pixar film most suited to a sequel; after all it is a superhero movie. However I wouldn’t like to see them go sequel mad and I’m sure they won’t. Pixar don’t tend to green light anything unless the story’s compelling, just look at the history of Toy Story 3.

Personally I love Pixar. I’ve seen all the films up to Toy Story 3 and enjoyed them all.
Favourite: Ratatouille, mostly for the character of Anton Ego as the ultimate critic but the film also has so much style.
Although I have to agree completely with Ashlee that the opening montage of Up is the best scene in any Pixar film. I’m not as much a fan of the rest of the film as it gets a bit too silly for my liking but the first few moments more than make up for that.

UP is one of the best films ever made and definitely my favourite Pixar.

I don't think Nemo needs a squeal, but I've always thought it would be one of the best to be converted to 3D, imagine how the underwater scenes would look.

pluk said:

I don't think Nemo needs a squeal, but I've always thought it would be one of the best to be converted to 3D, imagine how the underwater scenes would look.

You do know that a Finding Nemo 3D rerelease is slated for the end of the year?

Stelios said:
pluk said:

You do know that a Finding Nemo 3D rerelease is slated for the end of the year?

Well I do now. Awesome Dude!!