• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The ps3 super slim

Re: The ps3 has been to wieght watchers

I don't see the point in this, they have already got two models of the same console out, why release a third?

I think there just delaying the PS4. ;)

Unfunny title is unfunny...

I don't see anything wrong with this. Nintendo released a 2nd model of the NES 2 years after the SNES came out. So what's wrong with releasing a 3rd PS3 model before the PS4 comes out?

Quite simple. release a new console to keep the out of date hardware still fresh.

Yay outdated performance and graphics for you console users! :)

There just trying to squeeze the last piece of money they can from the outdated hardware.

And I agree with Eddie, they title could be though of as offensize, surely 'Smaller PS3 Coming Soon' or something like that would be better?

Re: The ps3 slim slim

They are delaying the PS4 as they want to see how the U does. Just look at sixth generation, Dreamcast was revealed and Sony then jumped on the bandwagon with the PS2 before their rivals Microsoft and Nintendo.

It's pointless yes, but a few million just to dampen the failure of a last place console after Sony's terrible financial year.

RyanY said:
There just trying to squeeze the last piece of money they can from the outdated hardware.

I wouldn't call it outdated, it has slightly less graphical capabilities than the Wii U. Big deal! :p

And did anyone else hear the rumour that the PS4 will be downloadable software for the PSP, like in a iOS 6 for iPhone 5 kind of way.

if you have a look on the game site they have the 500gb consel for 249 thats really good might make my old one break to get a new one

Maybe they've caught something from Apple? :p

Fredward said:
Yay outdated performance and graphics for you console users! :)

You're never going to stop that, are you? :p

At least the PS3 remains the most advanced console out there.

:)

Nope never going to let it go because it's the truth, and it's annoying because games suffer because of it,

For example Crysis 1 looked better then Crysis 2 when it came out. Because Crysis 1 was made as a PC game and to create the most prettiest game out there, Crysis 2 was made for consoles because EA wanted to squeeze more cash out of it, the game looked worse because devs had to deal with the outdated software.

We eventually got a patch with a HD texture pack and full DirectX 11 support, but alas other games haven't been so lucky...

Sad day for us PC Gamers, I'm looking forward to new gen just so we can get consistently pretty games again...

and Stelios, it is outdated very outdated! :p

Running on 6 year old hardware ftl... :p

Oh I know all of that, it was more just a joke because you get annoyed by consoles. :p

Although I've read that the PS3 is also capable of better quality games graphics but most developers make the games to play primarily on the Xbox as most people can afford one of them, so consequently, the PS3 is a little underused (or at least it was in its first few years or so).

Obviously it's worse for PC because they're constantly being upgraded. Get a PS3 or Xbox for playing with your friends online but a PC for better games, that's what I've done.

Oh, and anyone that likes Fallout should check out the new textures patch for PC as it's supposedly one of the greatest games out there now (it had 9.6 from IGN but the graphics let it down, but now this fix is out, the game looks extremely realistic).

I still enjoy it on PS3 though. [/end of favourite game plugging]

I honestly don't see anything wrong with this new PS3. Saving space but not affecting game play, quality and the noise is still good if you need or want to replace your current PS3 or upgrade from the Wii or Xbox. The first few consoles were pretty chunky but they're now as small as the PS2 (what a beautiful console that was :D ).

Fredward said:
and Stelios, it is outdated very outdated! :p

Running on 6 year old hardware ftl... :p

You may be right there but considering's Sony's 10 year cycle, I believe that the PS4 could be stretched for another 2 years if Sony keep making original titles at third-parties will shy away. DLC for PS All-Stars and LPG could keep it going live and kicking. But then again considering I'm not the biggest techie on this side, you're probably right.

The trouble is that neither Microsoft nor Sony need or want to make a new console. The announcement of the new slimmer version quite clearly shows this. As far as they are concerned they are only competing against each other, (The Wii U being graphically on par and of course graphics are what it's all about!!!) so if they are both currently making money why try dominating the market with such an expensive gamble as a new console?

I think though there will come a point soon when PC's become so much more powerful and convenient they have to change. That's why I've switched to using my PC. I think the last proper Xbox game I bought was Halo Reach (2 years ago) and I've been using Steam pretty much since.

Tim said:
(The Wii U being graphically on par and of course graphics are what it's all about!!!)
Although graphics are crucial, life-like mini games are not on the top of my to-buy list! :p

BigAl said:
Tim said:
(The Wii U being graphically on par and of course graphics are what it's all about!!!)
Although graphics are crucial, life-like mini games are not on the top of my to-buy list! :p
The 3 exclamation marks might have been suggesting sarcasm ;)

But it is true from the point of view of those two companies. Unless another console comes out that is graphically superior they are doing well enough making money from the hardcore crowd.

Sorry, I wasn't sure if you were as passionate as Fredward or not? :p

BigAl said:
Sorry, I wasn't sure if you were as passionate as Fredward or not? :p

I would never claim to be as passionate as Fredward :p But he does have a point. PC's will always be capable of being more powerful than consoles because they are constantly changing. However it's now reached the point where even a regular work computer can outperform a console.
The current generation of consoles are old, seriously old in technology terms. If you think back to when they were in development (roughly 2005) and compare the technology around then to what's available now the difference is monumental. Take Mobile Phones for example, the current generation of consoles pre-date what we now know as a Smart Phone. I'm still using my regular phone from 2006 and it looks so dated in comparison.

The Wii U is at least going to be up to date, not a graphical achievement but well equipped in every other way.

I'm only passionate because I'm hoping to build a future around these games! I do look into it a lot (and have to!) I'd like to say I know what I'm talking about... but I probably don't! :p