• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The resort

djtruefitt

TS Team
I have had a browse around but it seems we dont have a thread for the general resort side of things, such as the two hotels! So this is for all resort discussion!

The updates seem to continue at the hotels, yesterday they were busy painting the banisters in Splash Landings on the stairs down to Flambos. They are slightly different colours to the old ones (you can tell because only one side was painted at the moment), but they still fit in really well and I was very surprised to see the painter doing lots of minor detailing such as shading and giving it the old style look that Splash has, it looked very nice!

I'm always really impressed to see continued investment and touch ups to the public areas of the hotels. However I still think some major investment in the rooms are needed (particularly in ATH).

I'd like to see the same upkeep put into practice on the park though...

Small improvements help towards maintaining the parks "magic"

I did always think when ever they repaint spalsh they will just paint it one colour and not bother with the little details and shading, etc. So I was really impressed to see the guy painting the little details.

A few improvements in the Alton Towers Hotel:

-A themed mini staircase constucted from lost luggage and books has been built infronlt of the Welcome desk to allow smaller guests to see over the desk.

-The cushioned seat on the Big Chair is constantly being replaced when damaged.

More hotel updates!

For scarefest the car in Splash has had its audio updates, and the door bell in ATH has also been updated with various scarefest related comments.

Also in Splash Landings they have added loads of new tables and chairs towards the back of the bar near the pool table.
Thursday25thOctober2012076.jpg

Good! There was never enough seating back there! Also looks a bit lighter too? It can get quite dark in that far corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I dont think its lighter, will probably be the flash on my camera. There has never been enough tables and seats in the bars, espeically after they removed loads to add that large stage (which I have yet to see a purpose for).

Yeah, the bars don't really have the best layout or use of space. Though this is definitely an improvement. It's quite nice down there - particularly if the kids stuff is on, as you can hide away from it a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

They need too improve on the amount of litter around the Resort. Not as its a big issue because by far Alton Towers is one of the cleanest theme parks in Britain.

Looking at that picture you'd never think you were in a THEMED hotel with all those bland tables and chairs and laminate flooring....looks very generic, you could be anywhere.

What is the obsession with trying to make the hotel bars contemporary and modern? If you wanted that you could go to any other hotel across the country.

Still, at least there are more tables for when its busy.

Marg's is very well themed, I always find the atmosphere in there completely immersive - I don't think modem is a word which would ever cross my mind!

Popped into ATH yesterday and as per it looks absolutely stunning for Scarefest; also had a cheeky peek at the campfire they've got roaring in the abandoned building opposite as part of the scare rooms - looked great! :)

More hotel updates!!

They have now added two little step platforms to the reception desk of Splash landings for children to stand on and look over the counter. Just like they did in the other hotel a few months back. They are even themed!

The chairs and tables added to MaGarrita's Bar are the ones used in Sir Algenon's Bar & Grill in the summer holidays :)

The lift in ATH (think it was the one to the right) looked a bit shabby inside this time. The panel where the buttons are seems to be coming away and it just didn't look very nice (think there was like sealant blobbed on it, can't remember exactly though). The "up" button downstairs has also been turned over somehow, and the panel it's on is cracked. I think the first thing can be considered general wear and tear, but the button seems like someone damaged it on purpose (although I could be wrong!) which is a shame. I love the lift though and the dramatic music so hopefully it gets looked after! :)

I think the food in ATH this year was amazing. On the first night we had beef in the Emperor Grill, but my boyfriend was less impressed with the variety... he's vegetarian :D We ate in the Secret Garden the second night and tried out the Scarefest menu - I had the tomato and blood orange soup and "Belly of the Beast" which was quite possibly one of the most amazing meals I've ever had :p Emilie who served us on the first night was really lovely and chatted for ages, and she also showed me how to make a napkin boat (she probably gets sick of showing people!)! The person who served us on the second night was, unfortunately, less lovely; we booked the table for 21:15 which is quite late really, but we were in there until just after 23:00 because it took forever to get served. We were waiting ages for the dessert, and my Mum happened to catch the waitress' eye after a while and apparently a look of horror washed over her face that suggested she'd completely forgotten we were still in the restaurant lol...

djtruefitt said:
A new carpet has been added this week to the walkway between the two hotels in the water park:

i.php
I'm not a big fan of the carpet it looks better with the plain wood :)
But it shows they are still spending upon improvements

Don't they do this every year? Its for when they hold the Christmas balls to stop ladies getting their high heels caught as far as Im aware.

BigDave said:
Don't they do this every year? Its for when they hold the Christmas balls to stop ladies getting their high heels caught as far as Im aware.
Ah right that makes sense :)

Yes I belive they had it last year, I dont know why they dont just put a proper carpet there all year round really. Would save them time and money each year.