• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The website’s been updated. That infers to me they’ll be back?

Before:
E589AE1C-3773-4ACA-9C6C-7ACAE4F36FD7.jpeg

After:
9C30E89D-2AFA-48E7-9A3C-724D56A3DCC2.jpeg
It either implies that, or a different set of Retro Squad members will take their place. Note the word "some".

According to queuetimes.com, Mixtape and Roller Disco were both open today. :p:tearsofjoy:

unknown.png

(Re-posted since the queue times topic is now locked, and it's Retrosquad-related anyway (hence why I posted it here in the first place))

According to queuetimes.com, Mixtape and Roller Disco were both open today. :p:tearsofjoy:

unknown.png

(Re-posted since the queue times topic is now locked, and it's Retrosquad-related anyway (hence why I posted it here in the first place))

Third-party, non-AT affiliated website shows closed and removed rides as open shock! I'm sure we could put up a post on the TS Facebook stating they were open, it would be entirely fictional of course...:rolleyes:

Didn't they have something similar on for sub-terra a few years after it was removed? Would be nice to see something back though

Third-party, non-AT affiliated website shows closed and removed rides as open shock! I'm sure we could put up a post on the TS Facebook stating they were open, it would be entirely fictional of course...:rolleyes:
I see the humour went right over your head there Alistair. :p
I found it funny so shared it. ;)

I've heard that the Smashing Jump is actually for sale. If that's true then towers should purchase it and theme it into X Sector. :)

Like I posted above, I don’t believe merlin allow their perks to buy second hand rides anymore, unless it’s from their own parks. They’re got to get new rides from the proper manufactures.
Ah that's interesting, I wasn't aware of it. Makes sense though as second hand rides can be unreliable, and brand new rides can be custom themed to order. :)

I'm not sure I'm in favour of this, it was fine for a year because of the circumstances but I certainly don't think this should be an excuse for the park not to build proper flat rides. Perhaps for one more season I can accept it but I wouldn't be pleased if they come back in 2023.

I'm not sure I'm in favour of this, it was fine for a year because of the circumstances but I certainly don't think this should be an excuse for the park not to build proper flat rides. Perhaps for one more season I can accept it but I wouldn't be pleased if they come back in 2023.
Maybe they're coming back for one more year then will be replaced by permanent flats in 2023, coinciding with Nemmy being closed for its re-track? That would make sense.

Maybe they're coming back for one more year then will be replaced by permanent flats in 2023, coinciding with Nemmy being close for its re-track? That would make sense.
I hope so, after this year I do not wish for them to return. I'm not overly keen on them being here this year however I get why they are doing it and I think @Thameslink Rail 's point about the park looking empty might have some truth to it.

I’m glad at least some of these rides will be returning. The fact they have hired them again further cements the need for some permanent additions, although I would have preferred to see Mixtape return over Roller Disco. Perhaps we’ll see another flat on in X Sector this year?

I'll take what we can get at this point, if Mixtape isn't coming back (and nothing replaces it) they should just put Roller Disco on that spot as the DF site is so much more out of the way

I take this as positive news, at least it shows the extra flats were considered a success last year which is why they are back again for 2022. Whilst not guaranteeing it, it does look positive from a point of view of them installing some permanent ones.

They only opened in April last year, so the process of reviewing the success, mounting a business case, getting the funding, ordering the attractions, getting planning etc is not a short one. So hopefully by 2023 this will have moved forward significantly.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.