• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Return Of Concerts...

LordOfDarkness

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
After looking through various media coverage from today there's one thing that caught my eye...
1361030531.jpg

Credit: TowersNerd

Is this the return of concerts for this year?!

First person to moan about bad music and say iron maiden should play!

I would love a cheesy 80's festival. All music in the 80's has its charm! :p

Went to the black eyed peas / Lmfao in 2011, thought it was amazing and well organised, And busy for a school day! More concerts would be amazing for this year!
Think about the guest numbers if One Direction performed! Even some x factor rejects would be good, in shrewsbury tickets for union j, james Arthur, etc are selling like mad!

Maya said:
Think about the guest numbers if One Direction performed! Even some x factor rejects would be good.

No, no and even more

3rxd0i.jpg

Why can't they get decent bands/artists/performers to do something? :S

Not that I like them, just teenage girls are going crazy over all this right now, AT could make a fortune.

Wasn't The Black Eyed Peas one a commercial failure? I heard AT had to buy tickets from the organizers due to low purchase rates so the group would turn up.

I've heard that there will be a concert around about the 15th of July time. If so, they'll need to start advertising, so they dont have another failure like The Black Eyed Peas.

By the way, still holding out for Roger Waters to bring the Wall to the Towers.

I'd heard rumblings of more concerts so it could happen again.

As for the choice of artists while bands like one direction and black eyed peas etc may not be my taste in music their success and popularity can't be argued against so therefor alton towers will chose a band like that to get more people in the gates and spending money.

After the fairly big flop of the last music concert, I don't think there will be many more. Unless both the park and the artist REALLY push this event, it really wont take off. Out of all the artists that I have seen or heard about there, P!nk, JLS and McFly seem to have been the most popular.

Stevie said:
I've heard that there will be a concert around about the 15th of July time. If so, they'll need to start advertising, so they dont have another failure like The Black Eyed Peas.

Pick the right artist and it could be sold out in minutes.

The problem is that nobody will ever agree on the 'right' artist. For a successful concert it needs to be someone mainstream and popular within the public eye. They need to be a success in terms of record sales and appeal to as many sections of the parks target market as possible. Ticking all those boxes can be quite hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Not a fan of theirs, but put Kraftwerk on and you could sell it out :p

Also you could put Rammstein on and it would sell out :D

True but would that be family friendly considering this is a family park?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2