• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The return of The X Files

DiogoJ42

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Metropolitan Line
So, did anyone watch it last night?

I think it showed a lot of promise, and certainly felt like the classic show. The fact that they used the original opening titles was interesting, given how young they look in it compared to now.

The sheer number of conspiracies mentioned was mind boggling. It was as if the writers had condensed the whole of ATS in to 45 minutes of television! :D The budget is clearly bigger than they ever had on the original show.

The only bit that jarred was the CGI alien. I prefer the old "skinny children in suits" personally.
The character that was a clear rip off of Alex Jones was amusing too. I especially liked the American Dad reference in renaming Youtube "Mind Quad". :p
Also... how the hell is CSM alive‽

Mulder seems to almost be a self-parody now, though not necessarily in a bad way. He seemed closer to David's character in Evolution at times.

Also, Gillian Anderson... Still would. ;)

I am glad you spoiler tagged it as i have not had time to watch it yet.

Hehe, I may not care about spoilers myself, but at least I don't ruin it for others ;)